20 Normal Questions

Ok, rule is in effect starting now
16 Emotions Everyone Goes Through When Playing Mario Kart
 
If some say drip aclimate inverts like snails/hermit crabs etc for 3 hours.but first equalise temp by floating bag for 20 minutes.if you got few drops a second and when half full water then empty and keep going.
Question is what happens to temp in your container ( like jug) over this 3 hour drip acliminating?
It goes down right so unless get itty bitty heater to keep water temp stable then whats point floating bag at begginning and well you get me?
 
If some say drip aclimate inverts like snails/hermit crabs etc for 3 hours.but first equalise temp by floating bag for 20 minutes.if you got few drops a second and when half full water then empty and keep going.
Question is what happens to temp in your container ( like jug) over this 3 hour drip acliminating?
It goes down right so unless get itty bitty heater to keep water temp stable then whats point floating bag at begginning and well you get me?
Dont drip acclimate if you order online. I swear by plop and drop for everything , usually the fish/invert is fine unless there’s darastic changes in parameters. The ammonia will kill your fish if you drip acclimate
 
My friend said he had a tasseled wobegong die when he was working at a lfs because I one of the employees drip acclimated it
 
Dont drip acclimate if you order online. I swear by plop and drop for everything , usually the fish/invert is fine unless there’s darastic changes in parameters. The ammonia will kill your fish if you drip acclimate
I drip acclimated every single one of my critters going in the tank and they were all shipped from online
 
From what I’ve heard you are better off plop and drop unless it’s like a crinoid or something hypersensitive
 
For freshwater, I see that as the case, but I always acclimate my saltwater critters because of salinity differences.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new