20% OFF SALE - BioTek Marine BTM5HO Dimmable T5 LED Retrofit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you haven't seen our BioTek Marine retrofit LED lamps yet then please click the link for big savings on the very popular T5 replacement LED lamps. They use about 2/3 less energy and give your corals a better pop than fluorescent lamps. Available in 8 different color configurations.

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/lighting/led-lighting?manufacturer=7101

Reduce your utility bill and lamp replacement costs.

BTM-B5-LED.jpg

Leyth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received my order. Shipping was fast and packaging was perfect. I ordered 1 blue and 1 blue with uv. I have them running alongside 4 ATI blue plus and 2 ATI aquablue special. I am running the biotek's on their own channel so I have very nice pop in the morning and evening with only the led bulbs running. I'm quite satisfied with this setup. Thank you AquariumSpecialty!

Leyth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received my order. Shipping was fast and packaging was perfect. I ordered 1 blue and 1 blue with uv. I have them running alongside 4 ATI blue plus and 2 ATI aquablue special. I am running the biotek's on their own channel so I have very nice pop in the morning and evening with only the led bulbs running. I'm quite satisfied with this setup. Thank you AquariumSpecialty!

Here's some sample pictures. I'm using my iPhone and correcting the color temperature, but not touching any other setting. You can notice the pop of the colors. This is just with the 1 blue led and 1 blue + uv led running.

e36a5fbbb01ba3560540c22a493397f2.jpg
3e483574db3ad7f8cb82de066cc5f819.jpg

Huntor0

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leyth, thanks for the feedback and photos, you helped my make the decision to try out these as opposed to adding on something expensive like a 2x Kessil or ReefBrite XHO. I just placed my bulb order today for my 8x80 ATI Sunpower I am going to try out two of the 60” 20K & UV in this year’s rotation as my dawn/dusk channel.

· 2 x 60” BioTek Marine20K & UV
· 3 x ATI 80w Blue +
· 1 x ATI 80w Coral +
· 1 x ATI 80w Purple +
· 1 x ATI 80w True Actinic

Thanks Joe

Leyth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leyth, thanks for the feedback and photos, you helped my make the decision to try out these as opposed to adding on something expensive like a 2x Kessil or ReefBrite XHO. I just placed my bulb order today for my 8x80 ATI Sunpower I am going to try out two of the 60” 20K & UV in this year’s rotation as my dawn/dusk channel.

· 2 x 60” BioTek Marine20K & UV
· 3 x ATI 80w Blue +
· 1 x ATI 80w Coral +
· 1 x ATI 80w Purple +
· 1 x ATI 80w True Actinic

Thanks Joe

Hey, you're welcome. I hope you end up liking them as much as I do. Post pictures when you're up and running!

Huntor0

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I installed them tonight in my 1 year old 8x80 ATI Sunpower in the dusk/dawn channel. They lit up beautifully for about 3 seconds snap, crackle, pop, one went out then the other. Now the dusk dawn channel is dead ballast probably ugh. I removed the bulbs put them in the main 6 bulb channel they did not light and caused the fixture to start humming and buzzing, I quickly unplugged it. I will reach out to Aquarium Specialty tomorrow. I am not looking forward to repairing the fixture but at least I have 6 bulbs still working until I get things sorted out.

BMW540

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I installed them tonight in my 1 year old 8x80 ATI Sunpower in the dusk/dawn channel. They lit up beautifully for about 3 seconds snap, crackle, pop, one went out then the other. Now the dusk dawn channel is dead ballast probably ugh. I removed the bulbs put them in the main 6 bulb channel they did not light and caused the fixture to start humming and buzzing, I quickly unplugged it. I will reach out to Aquarium Specialty tomorrow. I am not looking forward to repairing the fixture but at least I have 6 bulbs still working until I get things sorted out.
I have the same fixture and these bulbs shorted out 2 of my ballasts. Aquarium Specialty has taken their sweet time "trying" to sort out the issue so I went ahead and bought new ballasts on my own. I would not recommend these to anyone...

OP
OP
AquariumSpecialty

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Please give us a call. I've made the decision to stop shipping current inventory until we resolve the issues with the manufacturer. We have about 30 of them running in our shop (over a year) and coral farm (about 6 months) with no issues but I think it would be irresponsible to continue selling the current batch of lights. We are running the lights on 3 ATI fixtures and 2 other brands of ballast with no issues. Please give us a call and we will take care of you.

Huntor0

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called and spoke with Aquarium Specialty and in this case they went above and beyond with exemplary service to remedy the situation. Altho this batch of lighting didn't work with my ATI Sunpower 8x80 ballast I look forward to their future product offerings. In the meantime I am back on the hunt for a T5 LED suppliment and will need to take a look at Kessil and or Reef Brite.

Thanks again to Aquarium Specialty and their great customer service,
Joe

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back