20 year hiatus

back2thereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. I've decided to get back into the saltwater hobby after a 20 year hiatus. I recently visited my nephew who recently got into the hobby. It reminded me how much I enjoyed the hobby. My previous tanks were a 120 long in the living room and a 55 that was built into my master bedroom wall. The other side of the tank was a two-seater whirlpool tub in the bathroom. It was very therapeutic to soak in the tub and watch the fish. Both tanks had MH lights, sumps, protein skimmers, and a canister filter. I also used RO water. I still have all of the old gear but I plan to start new and setup the old tanks for mixing and quarantine. I bought a biocube32 to get started only because this tank will be in a smaller space and I want it to look like a piece of furniture. One of my other hobbies is making furniture so I could not under any circumstance start a new tank without also making the stand. I haven't decided on wood yet. Most likely walnut or cherry to match the other furniture in the house. I'll create a build thread once I have enough content to do so. I plan to start out with some soft corals and a few fish. I'll upgrade the cube lighting and filtration accordingly. I may also build a hood for it but for now will just use the included one.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Brazilian Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. I've decided to get back into the saltwater hobby after a 20 year hiatus. I recently visited my nephew who recently got into the hobby. It reminded me how much I enjoyed the hobby. My previous tanks were a 120 long in the living room and a 55 that was built into my master bedroom wall. The other side of the tank was a two-seater whirlpool tub in the bathroom. It was very therapeutic to soak in the tub and watch the fish. Both tanks had MH lights, sumps, protein skimmers, and a canister filter. I also used RO water. I still have all of the old gear but I plan to start new and setup the old tanks for mixing and quarantine. I bought a biocube32 to get started only because this tank will be in a smaller space and I want it to look like a piece of furniture. One of my other hobbies is making furniture so I could not under any circumstance start a new tank without also making the stand. I haven't decided on wood yet. Most likely walnut or cherry to match the other furniture in the house. I'll create a build thread once I have enough content to do so. I plan to start out with some soft corals and a few fish. I'll upgrade the cube lighting and filtration accordingly. I may also build a hood for it but for now will just use the included one.
Welcome to R2R and Happy Reefing!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back