2009 MTRC Frag Swap

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

Just thought I'd drop in and put up the info on our upcoming frag swap. :)

2009 Tennessee Reef Aquarium Expo and Frag Swap

Date: January 17th, 2009 from 12:00 – 5:00

Setup for Vendors: January 16th from 7:00pm – 9:00pm and January 17th from 9:00am – 12:00pm

Location: Kingwood Heights Church of Christ (115 E. MTCS Road, Murfreesboro, TN 37129)

This location is at least 3x the size of our previous venue, is absolutely perfect for a reef event (plenty of outlets and breakers, a great sound system, access to projectors, plenty of parking, easy loading/unloading access) and will be great for allowing our event to continue to grow. It also came at an incredibly great price which allows us to allow free admission and still reasonably expect to cover our costs for the event.

Admission: Free for all attendees. For hobbyists and industry vendors who need space to sell, tables are available for $20 each. Each participating reef club will be furnished one free table for their members. Please contact me by e-mail (see below) to reserve table space. If members of your club are interested in the free table, also please let me know, as I will only be allocating space for clubs that express interest.

Guest Speaker: Sanjay Joshi is giving a talk about reef aquarium lighting. As an engineering professor at Penn State University, a dedicated hobbyist in his own right, and a head of the committee in charge of Penn State's reef aquarium, Sanjay has successfully applied his professional expertise to the study of reef aquarium lighting and has become a foremost expert in the area. Additionally, his focus on disseminating his knowledge to hobbyists has made him an indispensable member of the reef community (e.g., Sanjay's Lighting Guide). We are thrilled to have him in attendance.

Other:

---Door prize tickets will be available with registration at the event.

---Raffle tickets will be $1 per ticket or $20 for 25 tickets (door prizes and raffle items will be announced closer to the swap.)

---There will be an educational fragging demo at the swap. All attendees will be welcome to attend the presentation. Tickets to reserve a frag of the corals will be $5 per coral and will be available up until 15 minutes before the fragging demo begins (which is currently scheduled for 3:30). Frags will be available for pick up just prior to the main raffle at the end of the swap.

---A beginner reef aquarium slide show will be played throughout the swap in the dining area that attendees may view at their leisure.

---Food is being handled by a youth group at the church. As I get details about what exactly will be available I will update everyone, but expect concession stand style food at a fairly reasonable price

Please let me know if you have any questions. If you would like to reserve a table, you may do so by emailing our VP at [email protected].

Thanks!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is going to be the bomb! I love this swap!

Please send me your banner and I will post it up here on R2R. I got to add another club swap as well and this reminded me. :)

OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet!

Thanks Rev. I'll see if I can get Brian to cough up the banner. :)

Brandon

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back