200g Build

Cjshank0

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
New to R2R but the community has been great so far! Figured I would post my (re) build of an old tank I got for a steal a few years ago that has been neglected pre quarantine! Dimensions are 60x26.5x25. I would love to get some feedback and ideas! I wish I would’ve posted a month or so ago before the cycle.

Equipment/filtration:
6stage RODI 150gpd
40g breeder sump with triton baffles installed. (I’m not a professional when it comes to silicone if you can’t tell from pictures)
100lbs Carib sea reef rock
120lbs of Carib sea ocean direct sand
Two little fishies Kalk stirrer
Apex
ATK kit
3 a360we (I have 2 extra 160we’s that I may add if I can’t get enough light)
2 MP40’s
2 jebao wave makers (will go on the back glass
Clearwater algae scrubber
2 Jabeo return pumps (I know I went cheap here but they have never let me down! 1 is plumbed you prioritize the stirrer, GFO reactor and scrubber and the option to also return to the display. Thinking I am going to keep it mostly pumping to the reactor, stirrer and scrubber.

A few questions:

1. The tank has cycled but I have since decided to move my 90gal over eventually and just have one tank. Was thinking of doing a massive water change putting the water from the 90 over to the main display tank and acclimate the livestock. Thoughts on the best way to do this with minimal losses or effects on livestock?

2. Do you think I have enough LR? Was thinking about moving my current (provable another 80 lbs or so) over into the sump somehow to help with filtration, bio diversity etc. but there isn’t going to be a ton of room plus I need to upgrade my skimmer and could take up more space. What are some other options to get this LR into the system without putting in the display. (It doesn’t match lol)

3. 3 x a360we enough light? I have 2 frags of SPS but not a ton. Eventually I would like to get a t5 hybrid fixture but not until later on down the road and MAYBE get more. Trying to make due with what I have for now.

I still have some things I need to tighten up and some equipment installs to do but wanted to get some thoughts and feedback first. Thanks in advance!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back