2025 summer grow out bozo picture entry thread!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Troylee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
# battlecrew
Oh forgot one more view



IMG_8451.jpeg
 
JULY 2026 - FINISH!
Finishing this one out. This was my favorite of the 4 growouts by far. Spring in Boise tends to bring a ton of pollen/funk into the air. My DOC/SAC254 went through the roof and I was too slow to react due to work trips. I think a snail died close to the base and I didn't catch it right away. Perfect storm for a bacterial infection and it RTN'ed very quickly. I saved what I could and there is still a bit left that is holding on. Definitely a very unique coral that I REALLY enjoyed growing out until it succumbed. Acros can be cruel like that 🤡 . Thanks for another awesome year and growout! I'm finishing this for posterities sake AND because of how much I enjoyed this particular acro. Somewhere, Sarah McLachlan is singing about remembering Bozo lol.
#ba#battlecrewATTACH type="full" alt="1785095711058.png"]4515559[/ATTACH]
1785095756666.png




1785095711058.png
 
Last edited:
JULY 2026 - FINISH!
Finishing this one out. This was my favorite of the 4 growouts by far. Spring in Boise tends to bring a ton of pollen/funk into the air. My DOC/SAC254 went through the roof and I was too slow to react due to work trips. I think a snail died close to the base and I didn't catch it right away. Perfect storm for a bacterial infection and it RTN'ed very quickly. I saved what I could and there is still a bit left that is holding on. Definitely a very unique coral that I REALLY enjoyed growing out until it succumbed. Acros can be cruel like that 🤡 . Thanks for another awesome year and growout! I'm finishing this for posterities sake AND because of how much I enjoyed this particular acro. Somewhere, Sarah McLachlan is singing about remembering Bozo lol.

1785095711058.png

1785095756666.png
No way. Bummer. That thing was a ‘beaut!
 
JULY 2026 - FINISH!
Finishing this one out. This was my favorite of the 4 growouts by far. Spring in Boise tends to bring a ton of pollen/funk into the air. My DOC/SAC254 went through the roof and I was too slow to react due to work trips. I think a snail died close to the base and I didn't catch it right away. Perfect storm for a bacterial infection and it RTN'ed very quickly. I saved what I could and there is still a bit left that is holding on. Definitely a very unique coral that I REALLY enjoyed growing out until it succumbed. Acros can be cruel like that 🤡 . Thanks for another awesome year and growout! I'm finishing this for posterities sake AND because of how much I enjoyed this particular acro. Somewhere, Sarah McLachlan is singing about remembering Bozo lol.
#ba#battlecrewATTACH type="full" alt="1785095711058.png"]4515559[/ATTACH]
1785095756666.png




1785095711058.png
Dang it! I’ve heard lots of stories about pollen causing issues. Do you or have you ran any sort of air purifiers around the tank?
 
JULY 2026 - FINISH!
Finishing this one out. This was my favorite of the 4 growouts by far. Spring in Boise tends to bring a ton of pollen/funk into the air. My DOC/SAC254 went through the roof and I was too slow to react due to work trips. I think a snail died close to the base and I didn't catch it right away. Perfect storm for a bacterial infection and it RTN'ed very quickly. I saved what I could and there is still a bit left that is holding on. Definitely a very unique coral that I REALLY enjoyed growing out until it succumbed. Acros can be cruel like that 🤡 . Thanks for another awesome year and growout! I'm finishing this for posterities sake AND because of how much I enjoyed this particular acro. Somewhere, Sarah McLachlan is singing about remembering Bozo lol.
#ba#battlecrewATTACH type="full" alt="1785095711058.png"]4515559[/ATTACH]
1785095756666.png




1785095711058.png
sarah mclachlan nbc GIF by The Voice
 
Dang it! I’ve heard lots of stories about pollen causing issues. Do you or have you ran any sort of air purifiers around the tank?
We have a couple in the house - mainly in our master bedroom as well as my sons bedroom. I'm not going to say no to opening the windows/screen doors when the weather is so nice. Next year around Feb/March I will have to run very heavy CAC and change it often to hopefully keep the DOC down. I think the pollen only fuels the bad stuff and since it is so small, contributes heavily to overall DOC levels. I like to keep it around ~3 m-1 and it shot up to >6 m-1 in April and May.
 
#battlecrew Its the final pho-to 🎤
Finally showing me some love, right at the buzzer!

Our casserole dish that has a good clear bottom still had tatertots in it... so i yolo'd the topdown photo and just stuck my phone, lens and all in the tank. Turned out pretty not terrible i think :)

7837.jpg

7838.jpg

7839.jpg

7833.jpg

7836.jpg
 
Dang some awesome pieces, so many people did so well in this one, awesome to see so many killer looking corals! And the photo work by some of you just blows my mind!
Just a awesome job by everyone and congrats to everyone who finished! That is a accomplishment right there.
 
#battlecrew Its the final pho-to 🎤
Finally showing me some love, right at the buzzer!

Our casserole dish that has a good clear bottom still had tatertots in it... so i yolo'd the topdown photo and just stuck my phone, lens and all in the tank. Turned out pretty not terrible i think :)

7837.jpg

7838.jpg

7839.jpg

7833.jpg

7836.jpg
Ryan Gosling Clap GIF


So freaking cool. Bozo is such an underrated and unique acro.
 
Ryan Gosling Clap GIF


So freaking cool. Bozo is such an underrated and unique acro.
Heck yes it is, thank you sir. Sorry to hear about yours, it was doing fantastic before its demise.
I set up that whole top shelf with it in mind. Im stoked it tabled out on me like it did, and I was hoping the pink hyacinthus behind it would make it POP and it has not disappointed. The bright pink behind it really pulls the reds in bozo's polyps out and makes the pastel blue stand out against the rock. This has been a really fun piece to grow!
 
Got called to work last night and decided to feed the tank, this was about 1AM, check out the feeding response :)
1785613348297.png

The pink hue is interesting too, i would have thought id see more blue.
 
Providing this update purely for your mental health and peace of mind.

By cross-referencing rigorous mathematical models with celestial configurations, we have synthesized a predictive framework that bridges the gap between quantum mechanics and total cosmic guesswork to determine the victors. Victors will be announced soon.




video game winner GIF by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
 
Providing this update purely for your mental health and peace of mind.

By cross-referencing rigorous mathematical models with celestial configurations, we have synthesized a predictive framework that bridges the gap between quantum mechanics and total cosmic guesswork to determine the victors. Victors will be announced soon.
1785857289941.gif
 
Providing this update purely for your mental health and peace of mind.

By cross-referencing rigorous mathematical models with celestial configurations, we have synthesized a predictive framework that bridges the gap between quantum mechanics and total cosmic guesswork to determine the victors. Victors will be announced soon.




video game winner GIF by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals's Miracle Network Hospitals
Don't forget to account for the inverse square of the root function.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new