20g clownfish only tank?????

Landenb20

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have an empty 20g long tank and im not really looking for a reef but more just clownfish only. Id like to not go through a heavy cycle so im wondering if a bare tank would be okay to highlight the fish? I have a smaller marine light and a filter capable for 30 gallon tanks and a small power head and heater. Im more curious how id need to treat the water. Is rodi necessary for fish only? Is a cycle even necessary with no sand or rock???

Clown2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cycling is 100% necessary for any form of fish tank, there are different methods to cycling but it needs to be done

I would also highly recommend some sort of decoration or scape as clownfish like to chose a pice of rock or spot in the tank to call there own and be able to hide if the feel threatened sometimes this can be someone walking up to the tank. san I would also recommend.

see what others have to say with regards to rodi, in theory with just clowns nothing comes to mind that would prevent you from using conditioned tap water

But a cycled tank with either rock or decoration for clowns rather than a reef is 100% possible.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 15.4%
Back