20g drilled custom frag tank

Sabres429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I haven't seen too many custom drilled frag tanks on here so I decided to do one. Started off with the $1/gallon sale and it ended like this.

This is my custom 20g drilled frag tank with a 10g sump. The Stand and canopy are completely custom built by a local reefer and a good friend. He is an amazing craftsman. He also drilled the tank and has had a lot of experience drilling them.

I plumbed the tank using some flex tubing from Home Depot. I bought a 1000gph overflow box from Ebay.

Equipment list:

-Chinese crap box for lighting

-Spectrapure 90gpd RO/Di with a Dual TDS meter

-Instant Ocean salt

-BRS Refractometer

-Tunze Nano Osmolator

-Temp Alert Thermometer

-Sicce Sincra Silent 358 GPH

-150w Cobalt Neotherm

-Digital timers to control the lights

On the way from my Bulk Reef Supply order today is..

-New sediment filter for the RO/DI

-BRS mini reactor with the Cobalt MJ 1200 pump

-1/2 of BRS ROX 0.8 Carbon

-1oz or coral rx pro

-2 sheets of black egg crate

-1oz bottle of super glue

-Black PVC

-Korallia Nano 565 power head

-8lbs of Caribsea Arm extra coarse media

Plans...

I plan on using the black PVC underneath the egg crate to hold it up. I plan on doing different levels in the tank to cater to the lighting needs of different corals. As far as the 8lbs of Caribsea Arm extra coarse media, I plan on putting that on the bottom of the tank to collect benefical bacteria. I plan on running the reactor with strictly Carbon. No need to run GFO with weekly 5g water changes. Eventually I plan on buying an apex and upgrading to a Mp10QD. Ive used Ecotech on all my other tanks but for now, the Korallia will do just fine.

Livestock..

I'm a huge high end zoa lover. The frag tank will be stocked mostly zoanthids with a couple cool sticks in there.

Stay tuned for updates and my cycle has begun today....

Cleo642

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, a Chinese crap box. I like the jbj all-in-one frag tank they are selling, so I hoping to get one like that. It is expensive but I like it.
20150913_200748.jpg

OP
OP
Sabres429

Sabres429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, a Chinese crap box. I like the jbj all-in-one frag tank they are selling, so I hoping to get one like that. It is expensive but I like it.
20150913_200748.jpg
Those are very nice. I paid less then that for this custom build tho. You still need a light for those too.

OP
OP
Sabres429

Sabres429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a little update! my frag tank is finally complete (equipment wise.) I used Arm coarse on the bottom of the tank to catch beneficial bacteria. I received by Bulk Reef Supply Order yesterday. I ordered some black egg crate, black PVC, Korallia Nano 625 power head,Mini reactor which I'm running carbon through, BRS super glue, Coral RX pro, and a sediment filter for my RO unit. I also ordered some Dr. Tim's One and Only Live Nitrifying bacteria. I truly believe this works and have great success with every time i've used it.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%

Back