20g Fusion Mixed Reef

Baby Ray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
P.S., I also have a 4 bulb T5 fixture and I am changing to your combination of bulbs. It is the perfect balance!!!!
Thank you for sharing our amazing reef. I am SO jealous of you :)

OP
OP
josh11293

josh11293

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking about growing it on the back wall of my tank but I am afraid it will take over. You can see my tank from 3 sides and none of the rock is touching the glass but I am afraid it will find a way.........

My suggestion is don't do it! I started off with a little piece on a secluded rock. It ended up growing on the sand and spreading to the main rock! What happens is it detaches small pieces of itself and finds it way to other parts of the tank. Before you know if the whole tank is covered!

Baby Ray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My suggestion is don't do it! I started off with a little piece on a secluded rock. It ended up growing on the sand and spreading to the main rock! What happens is it detaches small pieces of itself and finds it way to other parts of the tank. Before you know if the whole tank is covered!
Thank you :)
Well, your tank looks amazing with it. I was also thinking about growing some plating monti or mushrooms on the glass.

PostShawn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to sound like an echo in this thread but great tank. Really, you've done an amazing job. It's not easy to keep up a tank like that so the effort really shows. What I like the best is the combination of colors and types of corals. Wonderful mix.

OP
OP
josh11293

josh11293

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:)Here is some more picture for you guys, Thank you for all the compliments everyone!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Just got this green bubble anemone yesterday, never had luck with them under LEDs so hopefully t5s will work better.

image.jpeg

Baby Ray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That montipora is gorgeous (along with everything else) :)
Is that gorgonian photosynthetic?

Curtismaximus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! I have a fusion 20 as well and was wondering about your dosing schedule and maintenance routine. I can’t get over how clean your sand is!

OP
OP
josh11293

josh11293

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That montipora is gorgeous (along with everything else) :)
Is that gorgonian photosynthetic?

Thank you, Honestly I'm not sure! I just got it this weekend, my Damsel has been picking at it so one of them has to go! :mad:

Beautiful tank! I have a fusion 20 as well and was wondering about your dosing schedule and maintenance routine. I can’t get over how clean your sand is!

Thank you, For dosing I use seachem 2 part everyday about a capful of each! Water change about every three weeks to a month. For the sand i usually do a dose of chemi-clean once a year and it keeps the sand bed nice and clean!

MermaidTail

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is literally my favorite tank I've ever seen. What's your maintenance schedule like?

OP
OP
josh11293

josh11293

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you siphon the sandbed when you do a water change?

Usually I will just lightly siphon the surface of the sand to get any light debris and needles that fall from the sea urchin. But never do i stir the sandbed or directly siphon it.

This is literally my favorite tank I've ever seen. What's your maintenance schedule like?

Thank you I appreciate it! Its become pretty self sufficient and low maintenance now. Ill scrape the glass every other day, dose once a day and do a water chance about once a month!

OP
OP
josh11293

josh11293

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had your birdsnest? Mine seems to grow at a snails pace :(

Probably not even a year! it started off as a 4 inch frag and just exploded! This was after really getting my dosing schedule down. alkalinity seems like a huge factor in their growth

OP
OP
josh11293

josh11293

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the difference in light cycles, the first picture shows the day cycle with all 4 bulbs on, the second picture is the morning/night cycle with just the two blue+ bulbs on. May be kind of hard to tell by the pictures!
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

OP
OP
josh11293

josh11293

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What the tank started as 2 years ago, all the rocks are still original. Layout is very similar as well.
image.jpeg

Bearded Fish Man

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I haven't done an updated post on my tank in awhile and it is my first post on R2R. This tank started off as a 16g nuvo but I upgraded to the 20g fusion about half a year into the hobby. This tank is now about two years old and has seen many transformations. Everything has been exploding with growth lately and all the corals started from small frags. It has definitely been difficult working with such a small tank, but with automation and a daily dosing schedule I have been able to achieve some success. I hope you enjoy!

Equipment

ATI Sunpower Module 4X24 T5
Tunze Nano Auto Top Off
MP10 Powerhead
Innovative Marine GFO Reactor
Ghost protein skimmer

Filtration

Filter socks
Innovative Marine Ghost Skimmer
-GFO

Livestock

-Clownfish Pair
-Neon DottyBack
-Damsel
-Sea Urchin
-Various Snails
-Brittle Star
-Small Clam
-Various Hermit Crabs
-Banded coral shrimp

Coral

-Finger Leathers
-Green Star Polyps
-Variety of zooanthids
-Montipora
-Frogspawn
-Branching Hammer
-Neon Hammer
-Torch
-Plate coral
-Mini Carpet Anenome
-Kenya Tree Leathers
-Brain Coral
-Green Birdsnest
-Green Palys
-Gorgonians

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Man... I am glad I found you with that ATI light. My questions are how do you like it. How is the growth on the SPS, and do you need a chiller?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back