20L, to skim or not?

dmh41532

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2015
Messages
505
Reaction score
188
Location
Naples, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently restarted my 2ol and am considering a skimmer. The reviews I've read for various skimmers aren't good. Is a skimmer worth it? I have a pair of skunk clowns, hermits, and snails. No coral yet, but I will be moving coral from my 65 to this tank to accommodate a dwarf angel.
 
its really up to you. the best thing about nano tanks is the simplicity. you can maintain great parameters with nothing but moderate water changes. a skimmer would lessen the need for those water changes but you would still be doing them, and would probably still be doing them just as often.
 
I'm running a 8 gallons nano with a hob aquaclear filter and doing weekly water changes, no skimmer and all is good.
 
I have a ten Gallon mixed reef tank that has been up for 6 months now. I opted to run a skimmer to give me for of a cushion zone with water changes. The skimmer I chose was the Mame Protein skimmer and j could not be more pleased. It looks fantastic and skims out o a lot of dark brown liquid.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new