20x14x12 pico aquariums setup

prfishgirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys i have a 75g but this will be a build for me and my two little ones who want to venture and have their own piece of the ocean. This aquarium holds roughly 14 gallon...i'll be picking up the tank this weekend but i'm in search of a decent light for the tank without spending too much money on it..this is going to be a softie/lps type of nano. This comes with dual returns do i need any additional flow in the tank? thanks soo much for all the suggestions and help...

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a DIY 16g tank that is basically a holding tank/frag tank, but may soon become more permanent. I put a 16" Reef Breeders Photon V2 over the tank and it's great, but it may be a bit pricey for what you want to start. The newest Current USA fixture is also good, but still not inexpensive. At the low end, a Mars Aqua black box fixture is powerful enough to grow anything, has good spectrum for a 2 channel fixture and is only about $100.

Nice that you are doing this for the kids. I hope it all goes well.

OP
OP
prfishgirl

prfishgirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a DIY 16g tank that is basically a holding tank/frag tank, but may soon become more permanent. I put a 16" Reef Breeders Photon V2 over the tank and it's great, but it may be a bit pricey for what you want to start. The newest Current USA fixture is also good, but still not inexpensive. At the low end, a Mars Aqua black box fixture is powerful enough to grow anything, has good spectrum for a 2 channel fixture and is only about $100.

Nice that you are doing this for the kids. I hope it all goes well.
Nice.. someone told me to try aqua knight light for under $100

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back