210 gallon reef build.

RRaquariums

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 13, 2014
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Location
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for a long time I've wanted a large reef tank and we moved into a new house that had the space for one so I started planning and found a great deal on a 210 gallon starphire all glass tank with drilled bottom and two overflow towers.
The tank is in my basement on a custom built stand since I couldn't find any stands I trusted or liked.
The sump tanks and refugium will go in the room behind the tank we cut out a brick from the chimney to run the plumbing through.
Sump and filtration for this will be three tanks. One 20 gallon acrylic tank that will be the first tank the water enters Into them from there it will be gravity fed into a 40 gallon breeder tank that will house my skimmer and return pump. At a later date im going to add a second 40 gallon breeder into the loop that will be my refugium.
With water displacement I roughly figure the total gallons of this system to end up being around 280 gallons.
I will have roughly 150 pounds of live rock between the sump and the main tank also about 120 pounds of sand.
The tank will be set up as a community tank with lots of small fish and possibly a few larger species but I'm not set on anything other then my current clownfish and his budy a neon goby.
This is my first tank of this size and while I still have a lot to learn about keeping reefs I'm excited to start this adventure and learn more about this type of set up.
Some pics of my progress so far :)
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new