OP
lakereef

lakereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even the fuge looks amazing.. sigh...

Thanks. It's not all roses all the time though. I have cyno come and go without really knowing why. This was suppose to be a clam tank and I had over 15 clams I there at one time only to introduce one too soon out of qt and have it wipe them all out within a week! Painful lesson.

scoopsthedog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for updating us with all the pics and hard work. Question I'm about to launch a 50G 24" tall Rimless Reef with sump. Focusing on LPS, Nem and Soft. Have one clown im transferring from my 28. Any thoughts on fish for a hoodless tall tank? Many that I like are "jumpers".

OP
OP
lakereef

lakereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for updating us with all the pics and hard work. Question I'm about to launch a 50G 24" tall Rimless Reef with sump. Focusing on LPS, Nem and Soft. Have one clown im transferring from my 28. Any thoughts on fish for a hoodless tall tank? Many that I like are "jumpers".

Sadly all fish jump. Some are more likely than others. I have a lid on all my tanks with fish except the fuge which only has one pipefish and inverts.

scoopsthedog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have time can you take a pic of your hood for the big rimless? How do you take on/off? Thanks

OP
OP
lakereef

lakereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have time can you take a pic of your hood for the big rimless? How do you take on/off? Thanks

IMG_6468.JPG

Screen top just sets on top. Low tech.

scoopsthedog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brilliant! Lol. Thanks now i feel much better about stocking what I want. Do you think a Clown Fish, Clown Goby Pair, Midas Blenny, Flasher Wrasse and Mandarin can get along in a 50G established reef (no SPS) with plenty of pods via refugeum

OP
OP
lakereef

lakereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brilliant! Lol. Thanks now i feel much better about stocking what I want. Do you think a Clown Fish, Clown Goby Pair, Midas Blenny, Flasher Wrasse and Mandarin can get along in a 50G established reef (no SPS) with plenty of pods via refugeum

They should all be compatible depending on the type of clownfish.

scoopsthedog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wyoming White. Thinking of possibly mating it and placing with a nem as last time I had a False P with a nem it because super chill. Thanks for the quick replies didn't mean to hijack the thread

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
lakereef

lakereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shout out to Ecotech Marine for going above and beyond. I contacted them about a couple fans on my Radions that started making more noise than normal even after cleaning them. Without any further questions, they stated they're shipping me replacement fans for all four of my Radions!

3F54B6FB-56D5-430D-AE59-6875AE2B976A_zpsrmjk9ldj.jpg

Complete opposite experience than I had contacting CoralVue for a skimmer pump that recently died. Requested proof of purchase despite buying from a small LFS that doesn't itemize receipts. Since I was just outside the warranty window they wanted close to $400 bucks for a replacement pump. Ouch.

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Shout out to Ecotech Marine for going above and beyond. I contacted them about a couple fans on my Radions that started making more noise than normal even after cleaning them. Without any further questions, they stated they're shipping me replacement fans for all four of my Radions!

3F54B6FB-56D5-430D-AE59-6875AE2B976A_zpsrmjk9ldj.jpg

Complete opposite experience than I had contacting CoralVue for a skimmer pump that recently died. Requested proof of purchase despite buying from a small LFS that doesn't itemize receipts. Since I was just outside the warranty window they wanted close to $400 bucks for a replacement pump. Ouch.

Stunning reef!! WOW!

I'm a natural blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is absolutely amazing! Can I ask what type of salt you are using? What param's do you keep? Also, are you dosing? If so, with what? The color on the coral is phenomenal! So many questions, sorry!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 114 74.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%

Back