OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, he jumped overnight. I did not have the little top on. I lost two of the black bellies during water changes too. Just stupidity by me not seeing them. They are so small. One was me miscounting (thought I had 3 and actually had 4) so did not look for it and was dry in sink. Next one was on floor and thought it was a someting else and did not look close enough til it was too late. Dumb bad vision.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s cool how you’re getting two Yellow Tangs to get along. Any signs of them pairing up? How big are they and how long have you had them for? :)

I wonder if you’d do the Biota ones if you could choose again, but I heard they have problems with HLLE.

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would do Biota if I had to do them again due to availability and my desire for captive bred. The HLLE will be a diet thing and I am sure we can hopefully turn that around as we learn more.
I have had them together since they were maybe 2.5" and they are easily 4-5" now. They do fine. Some chasing, but no ripped fins and they both look great. One has larger eyes and slightly different coloring, so I can tell them apart.
I have no idea if they will pair up or not. Would be cool. I got them April 2020, so almost 2yrs with me. I need to get some good pictures. They are so bright!

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not at all so far. They get pushed around by my angels if needed. For the most part, my tank is not too aggressive. They have their little scuffles here and there, but no fighting. The damsels each have their spaces and the other fish go wherever.

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some pics I took yesterday of fish. They were not all cooperating.

Azure Mar22.jpg Blenny Mar22.jpg M Angel3 Mar22.jpg Talbot1 Mar22.jpg Tangs&Wrasse Mar22.jpg Yellow1 Mar22.jpg F Angel Azure Mar22.jpg

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added a new cuc full of cerith, nerite, nassarius, scarlet crabs. I also added a harlequin shrimp. I have wanted another one for so long. My starfish population will keep if full for years.

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad night. I was looking at all my fish and noticed 1 was missing one. My Kole Tang that I have had for almost 2 years is gone. No idea on how. She is just gone. I was working in the tank and maybe she was injured and I would not put it past my clowns to serve her to the malus.
I am saddened as I love having a Kole in my system and she was doing so well. :crying-face:

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
System is looking really good currently. Did a battle with the cyano and it is gone for now. I am sure it will be back. Cannot wait to get my final pieces in the display. About another 4 weeks in qt as I added new ones prior to removing ones in there. My bad.

After the Biopellet reactor disaster - bleach all my maxi mini carpets. They are finally showing their real colors again. A few still working on it, but my originals from over 10 years ago, are now colored back up. I will get some pictures when I can.

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have added a few corals in from qt. The red xenia, ASD Long tentacle toadstool.
Also some newer pictures of my red mushrooms and purple frilly mushrooms. Plus, gotta have my male clown.

Attachments

• ASD LTToad Apr22.jpg
    ASD LTToad Apr22.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Purple Frilly Apr22.jpg
    Purple Frilly Apr22.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Red Rodactis Apr22.jpg
    Red Rodactis Apr22.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Red Xenia Apr22.jpg
    Red Xenia Apr22.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Male Clown Apr22.jpg
    Male Clown Apr22.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 39
OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added 4 more mushrooms (UC Morgana, UC Odyssey, Red with blue dots, UC Starcrossed) to the main display from qt. Removed one very large leather as it was just not happy ever, so going to give to someone with a very large system where hopefully it will be happier. I will keep a small piece and see if I can get it happy too. by small I mean like 5"x 3".

I will take pictures after it all settles. I also cleaned a bit.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have added a few corals in from qt. The red xenia, ASD Long tentacle toadstool.
Also some newer pictures of my red mushrooms and purple frilly mushrooms. Plus, gotta have my male clown.

Hey! Just checking out some of your posts. Where did you get your red xenia from?!!!??! Also, love your photos :)

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! Just checking out some of your posts. Where did you get your red xenia from?!!!??! Also, love your photos :)
Tidal Gardens. They were having a sale a little bit ago. I got it for a really good price. If it gets large and grows nicely, you could get a frag. I am hoping to do some local shows next year (starting in the fall).

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Tank is still chugging along fine. Everything is growing nicely and coloring well. No issues, just watching it mature. Good stuff.

My 40g/20g/10g system has had some changes though. Just today I have put my "green" malu into the 10g with some large sofites to get bigger and happier. It has taken a long time to get back its color, but looks pretty good right now. From white to a nice deep purple/brown with green tentacles. Only in certain lights though. Still, so much better than white.

The clams are growing up slowly and are happier under the T5s. Cannot wait to move to the 210g. However, they are still a good size for traveling tank, so that is fun.

I really want to get rid of some of my overgrown lps in the 40g. Just have not been able to do any frag shows due to health. Ugh!!!!

I will have to get some pictures to show growth in some of my 210g corals.

Back