OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures of the live rock. This is less than 24 hrs after arriving and going into tank. It was shipped in water, but one box was leaking and just damp. Ammonia badge reading 0.

Oh, saw a tiny little mantis shrimp I will have to get out eventually. The rock will be in qt for a while. Cannot wait to see how it grows out.

20200611_100713.jpg 20200611_100949.jpg algae1.jpg algae2.jpg algae3.jpg blacksponge.jpg coral1.jpg coral2.jpg coralline.jpg gorg1.jpg gorgandsponge.jpg slipperclam.jpg

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My two surviving lemon damsels from the purple tang incident are now mating. They generally stay on their own turf, but this am, I saw them hanging out under a rock and doing a laying egg, dance around. They do mating dances every now and then, but this is the first I saw the egg laying behavior. I hope I can get some pics or video.
It is so cool when this happens.

Only, I was planning on doing some rearranging of rock, but I guess that will wait. :)

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they called is "Interstellar" mushroom from AquaSD. I just liked it pink and dotted. I actually have two that look almost the same. I am bad with names. I record them in a sheet when I buy them (that is what I had to quick look up), but forget them pretty fast. :)

Thank you for the compliment. I cannot wait to have it fully running again with all my corals out of qt, my clams out of qt, my live rock out of qt. Just a waiting game now.

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, my LFS just ordered me a small ear muff wrasse and I am heading out to look at her and bring her back to qt. Super excited!!!! I hope it is a healthy one. Time to get some sand in a bowl ready for qt.

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got her. She is about 1.5" long and so cute. Looks good. She is now in qt with my kole tang. I put a live rock for her to pic on and a nice large bucket of sand. She dove in right away. I will try to feed tomorrow. Here is a bad picture in darkish area, through tank and bag.
new earmuff.jpg

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, other good news. Found the eggs!!! Male is guarding them well. I will not raise, but still really cool. Now for the angels and clowns to mate. :)

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oaky, I am giddy!!! I just went down to check on my new ear muff wrasse in qt. She was out and eating the pellets and flake I added. The kole was being a brat, but she was not too stressed. Super excited! She is super tiny, but so pretty.

ear muff day 2.jpg

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I found the burrow of my mantis shrimp friend from the live rock. The rock does contain a few aiptasia, but I will get some shrimp to get those.

The mantis is really tiny. About 1" maybe. It does not have much color yet, but 4 blue spots on the carapace and blue/red first legs. Tail has some red on it. No idea what kind it is yet. I think I will make a tank for it when the rock is done with its qt. They are cool creatures.I could not get pics yet.

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, not too much is going on, so that is good. My wrasse in qt is still doing well. When she is out she eats pellet, flake, frozen. The kole tang in with her is doing great also. Such better color than when I first got it. They will be in there until I set up the new rock into the main display.

That way all at once I will move rock, add corals, add fish. Hoping for less aggression. My two yellows tangs are funny. They like to chase, but hang out together. Worse than siblings.

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still in a waiting mode to add all my fun stuff in. QT is haaaaarrrrdddd. And that goes for the whole Covid thing too. :)

I was so excited that I said to my husband, pretty soon I get to ad in the new rock and fish and corals. He said, wow, when? I said soon like beginning of August. He just looked at me funny. I was excited because it was a new month and that means super close to the next month. Okay, not that close.

Update on my little girl (ear muff wrasse) - she is out most afternoons and is eating almost anything I throw in. The tang in qt with her is looking great too. Huge pig! Color is so much better. It was very blotchy and discolored when I brought it home.

U

User1

View Badges
Pictures of the live rock. This is less than 24 hrs after arriving and going into tank. It was shipped in water, but one box was leaking and just damp. Ammonia badge reading 0.

Oh, saw a tiny little mantis shrimp I will have to get out eventually. The rock will be in qt for a while. Cannot wait to see how it grows out.

20200611_100713.jpg 20200611_100949.jpg algae1.jpg algae2.jpg algae3.jpg blacksponge.jpg coral1.jpg coral2.jpg coralline.jpg gorg1.jpg gorgandsponge.jpg slipperclam.jpg

Nice updates. Pretty rock. Keep up the amazing work!

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at my live rock in qt...

really, who can say they sit and watch rock except us reef keepers. :)

I found a baby urchin. Long purple spikes. Adorable!

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I just got back from the petstore and added 9 mollies to a small tank. These will be gradually brought up to full salt. I wanted to see about getting some more algae under control in my coral qt tanks. They are actually very cute so far.

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So close to adding everything to the 210g from qt. I am aiming for mid August.

I did find more pyramid snails on one of my clams. So, daily checks it is for a while.

Oh, all mollies are doing well at 1.012 salinity. Changes daily and all are eating and seem good.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 66 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back