OP
OP
TMC1313

TMC1313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Latest update: some changes, but nothing major. Got rid of some of my fast growing SPS, lost a few pieces here and there for unknown reasons. My best guess would be some type of bacterial infection, but who knows. Been on an LPS kick lately with after lights out late night feedings of anything with feeder tentacles out. Other than that, enjoying my favorite season SUMMER. Hope everyone is enjoying it to. IMO, Doesn't last long enough here in Connecticut, I'm sure some would disagree, but i love it. Anyway, a few new pics.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed all the new growth on my Derasa clam tonight. This represents 3 months growth since I received it. I thought it was pretty impressive:
That is pretty impressive. My Crocea clam has never grown that much in 6 months.

OP
OP
TMC1313

TMC1313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shot a quick video after doing a re-scape today. I really needed to cut back on a few corals that are out pacing some of the slower growers to give them a chance to establish themselves. Chopped the monti digi almost completely and just left a little piece for myself. Also, cut up a lot of the Copps pocci and took some off the Crayola plana.

OP
OP
TMC1313

TMC1313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, and I apologize for all that noise you can hear in the video background. My young cat decided to play with his toys as soon as I started recording.
IMG_20220919_102500.jpg
20220711_175524.jpg

Chlorinated

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shot a quick video after doing a re-scape today. I really needed to cut back on a few corals that are out pacing some of the slower growers to give them a chance to establish themselves. Chopped the monti digi almost completely and just left a little piece for myself. Also, cut up a lot of the Copps pocci and took some off the Crayola plana.

Looks awesome! Nice work

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, and I apologize for all that noise you can hear in the video background. My young cat decided to play with his toys as soon as I started recording.
IMG_20220919_102500.jpg
20220711_175524.jpg

That's the "And what do you think you're doing looking at me peasant??" Look. Beautiful cat and tank, keep up the good work!

tmc13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took this photo from "tip to toe". Check out the sump. It really is it's own little eco-system at this point. There are so many sponges, brittle stars, tube worms, asterina starfish, copepods, and amphipods growing down there it's like I have two tanks in one. I was going to clean it out and then decided to just leave it. I actually think it helps stabilize everything. Anyone else have a "dirty" sump?

mr. lovestrong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a great looking tank, I liked yours so much I had to get one of my own. Thanks for the inspiration!

OP
OP
TMC1313

TMC1313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Left work early today to take care of some tank stuff. Specifically, took out four lps pieces (favia and pectinia). Grossly underestimated the sweeper tentacles on these babies as they started to grow out. Just ridiculous and about impossible to keep away from other corals from sustaining collateral damage in such a small space. Here's an example of my poor Cyphastrea who was just minding its own business (hope it heals). Anyway not a happy update, but update nonetheless.

20230222_151153.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 43 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back