22 gallon nano reef DIY

mini

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 3, 2022
Messages
6
Reaction score
23
Location
revelstoke
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank: Aquamaxx 22 gallon
Sump: 10 gallon, fiji cube baffles
Stand: Western red cedar, Birch plywood

Lighting: Nicrew 100 watt
Powerhead: Hygger mini x2
Heater:
Aquael ultra heater 100W
Pump: Sicce silent 1.5
Refugium: IM chaetomax

Filtration
-filter sock
-activated carbon
-rowa
-chaeto

Maintance
No controller all done manually with water tests and top off, water change 2x month.

D5CF2ABE-4B04-4C35-8E64-44EE6AE38742.jpeg

EE4C69EC-AEFB-43DC-8223-39B1BA3DB883.jpeg

100DEDB7-1247-48D9-931D-2338746DEE1F.jpeg


Tank just filled for test, aqua scape and growing soon.
 
Last edited:
Looks awesome!

Careful watering that pathos. . . my wife tried to hang one of ours above my tank and I was afraid tap water (and soil) might fall in during watering. . . but I might be a little paranoid haha!
 
I love this. Great job on the stand. I just built out the Mr. Aqua version of this tank. I absolutely love the way it feels like a big tank but it’s still a manageable sized nano.
 
This looks great so far! Do you have the build plans or any additional info on how you built the stand? I have this same tank and have been looking for a decent stand for it that will accommodate a sump without much luck.
 
Tank: Aquamaxx 22 gallon
Sump: 10 gallon, fiji cube baffles
Stand: Western red cedar, Birch plywood

Lighting: AI 30” grow
Powerhead: AI Nero 3
Heater: Aquael ultra heater 100W
Pump: Sicce silent 1.5
Refugium: IM chaetomax

Filtration
-filter sock
-activated carbon
-bio media
-chaeto

Maintance
No controller all done manually with water tests and top off, water change 2x month.

D5CF2ABE-4B04-4C35-8E64-44EE6AE38742.jpeg

EE4C69EC-AEFB-43DC-8223-39B1BA3DB883.jpeg

100DEDB7-1247-48D9-931D-2338746DEE1F.jpeg


Tank just filled for test, aqua scape and growing soon.
Stand looks great!!
 
So your tank doesn't need bracing? That has a really slick look! Well, except for the cords on the floor, but I'm sure you'll get that taken care of. A+

FS
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new