OP
Denisk

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then that same day on December 20th I was finally able to bring into my place and put it right where I wanted it.
40FD987A-DC4D-4B65-B025-3A49EB0FF02C.jpeg
63CE7D7C-91BC-4E5D-AB47-E70F9C662C13.jpeg
561D969B-8607-4C19-A483-F6B66C8C566F.jpeg

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great little tank and stand!
I 3rd the canister filter with glass Lilly pipes. just keep in mine you will have to clean them all the time maybe even soak them for an hour or two to keep em clean.

I was happy with the LR I got form KP for a 20L a few years ago. good choice.

lighting?

OP
OP
Denisk

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you could always do a canister with glass lily pipes to keep that sleek look

yeah so that was something I was considering before I picked up the surface skimmer box. I’ve used canister filters in the past and honestly I think they’re just more work. But the surface skimmer box can still fit everything I need and since I went sumpless I don’t want to have a canister filter plus the ato container right next to each other. Space isn’t really my friend here hahaha
But definitely an idea to keep in mind! Thanks!!

littlefishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always wanted to get the 22 or 12g long. Like you I think the dimensions are so pleasing.
Also I like your idea of no remote filtration. WVReefer has a 12 g long with no external filtration that is really well done.

OP
OP
Denisk

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great little tank and stand!
I 3rd the canister filter with glass Lilly pipes. just keep in mine you will have to clean them all the time maybe even soak them for an hour or two to keep em clean.

I was happy with the LR I got form KP for a 20L a few years ago. good choice.

lighting?

yeah I really considered that as an idea but thought of cleaning them to have them look aesthetically pleasing long term would be a nightmare unless you put in all that work cleaning them.

I’m glad you had a good experience with the kp rock. I just have a few things to tidy up and I will be ordering from them.

lighting will be 2 gen 4 xr30w pros. I know it’s overkill but they will be turned way down.

OP
OP
Denisk

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recommend running a canister filter with glass lily pipes. This would keep that sleek look and add a decent amount of filtration and add water volume. I run the same thing on my nano reef. Well I did, I purchased the wrong size lily pipes and it restricted my flow but if I had purchased the correct size it would have been fine. I still want to re purchase the correct size pipes because I'm running the oem black plastic inlet/outlet and its not as sleek. You can even purchase the pipes with a surface skimmer. If you have an instagram account you can see the pipes in my earlier post of the tank when I was setting it up. @Dank__Tanks

good to know. I think that’s why I didn’t go with the canister filter idea. I was worried I was going to have to worry about cleaning the lily pipes clean all day long. But luckily that xp auto top off works as surface skimmer, you can throw the heater and carbon in it, but also is small and easy to clean. I will keep the idea as a back up bc it was originally a thought of mine. Thank you! I will take a look on IG. Mine is called lostinareef

OP
OP
Denisk

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always wanted to get the 22 or 12g long. Like you I think the dimensions are so pleasing.
Also I like your idea of no remote filtration. WVReefer has a 12 g long with no external filtration that is really well done.

Thanks for sharing. I had seen the tank and it’s awesome!!!! so I originally was debating on the 12 gallon with the original stand but something about the 22 just makes me feel like I can have the aquascape I want where as the 12 gallon makes it a little tougher.

OP
OP
Denisk

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
December 21st 2020
Once I got the tank stand where I wanted, I realized the stand top was off balanced. I know my floors were slightly uneven but I also than realized the 4x4 posts where the butcher slab was going to sit on wasn’t flat. So here I am in a high rise on the balcony in the middle of winter sanding away at the surface to get rid of the high points I found so I can have a perfect surface :D
7D45DF34-1396-44CA-98FE-F3347E608689.jpeg

HockeyRooster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The stand is amazing and I think you could park a truck on it! Looks so good.
But if it’s winter, where’s all the snow??? :)

OP
OP
Denisk

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The stand is amazing and I think you could park a truck on it! Looks so good.
But if it’s winter, where’s all the snow??? :)
Thank you!! I bet it could hahaha. That’s Maryland for you, it’s the state you can see all 4 seasons in one week haha but to be honest I don’t remember the last time we got a lot of snow.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 5.3%
Back