22 Year Hiatus

Mr.BobDobalina

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 31, 2026
Messages
26
Reaction score
41
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers. Thanks for having me. I was an aquarium enthusiast in a previous life. DSBs and all that. I have an opportunity to dive back in now and want to do it up right.

I purchased a UNS R120 to begin the journey. Reading about all the advances in the hobby has been fascinating and I can't wait to implement them. I plan to only keep aqua cultured species. For this setup I am planning:

2 X Ethereal Infinite E8-230 LED Light Fixture​

Syncra SDC 9.0 WiFi Controllable Pump (1000-2500 GPH)​

Orbit 4 Cross-Flow Pump​

Quantum 220 EQ Protein Skimmer​

A3 Apex Pro Aquarium Controller System​


I am planning a 4" sandbed with lots of detritivores and goby/shrimp. I like softies a lot. Eventually I'd like to keep anemones once the tank is stable and established. I will utilize the refugium part of the sump for a 6-8" sandbed and cheato.

Love to hear your thoughts as an old guy returning to a whole new ballgame.
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Hello Reefers. Thanks for having me. I was an aquarium enthusiast in a previous life. DSBs and all that. I have an opportunity to dive back in now and want to do it up right.

I purchased a UNS R120 to begin the journey. Reading about all the advances in the hobby has been fascinating and I can't wait to implement them. I plan to only keep aqua cultured species. For this setup I am planning:

2 X Ethereal Infinite E8-230 LED Light Fixture​

Syncra SDC 9.0 WiFi Controllable Pump (1000-2500 GPH)​

Orbit 4 Cross-Flow Pump​

Quantum 220 EQ Protein Skimmer​

A3 Apex Pro Aquarium Controller System​


I am planning a 4" sandbed with lots of detritivores and goby/shrimp. I like softies a lot. Eventually I'd like to keep anemones once the tank is stable and established. I will utilize the refugium part of the sump for a 6-8" sandbed and cheato.

Love to hear your thoughts as an old guy returning to a whole new ballgame.
Welcome back to the hobby and R2R!
I used a DSB way way back but no longer do that these days as the deep bed just trapped stuff.
1-2” is just fine for sand type guys but also allows detrius to be in the water column to be taken out by mechanical processes.

Good luck.
 
Welcome back to the hobby and R2R!
I used a DSB way way back but no longer do that these days as the deep bed just trapped stuff.
1-2” is just fine for sand type guys but also allows detrius to be in the water column to be taken out by mechanical processes.

Good luck.
Thank you.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new