Michelle's waterbox 190.5

Miclmcorallover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I am pretty new to reef keeping even though I grew up with a salt water aquarium. But wow, have things changed since I was a kid. I have always wanted a reef tank but was a bit nervous. So, just last summer I had started with a fresh water tank. That evolved into another fresh water, which evolved into shrimp tanks, which then evolved into breeding shrimp and this went on till I had 34 freshwater tanks. Then, my husband encouraged me to take the leap into salt water. Well, here we are a little over a year later and we will be setting up our 5th salt water tank. This one is going to be my baby. I have been planning and saving for a while, and of course credit helps.

My tank is a waterbox infinia reef 190.5. I worked on getting all the equipment prior to the tank so when I got the tank I was ready to set it up. Even outlined the tank on paper so I could prepare my scape. That was time consuming, trying to keep in mind where I want to put corals and making sure I would be able to have good flow throughout the tank.

So my equipment list consists of:
waterbox infinia 190.5
Carribean Live Sand
Reef salt
Mixture of marco rock and life rock
hydros controller
sicce sdc 9.0 pump
4 power heads
Syncra SDC 9.0 WiFi Controllable Pump
hybrid- 4 t5 and 3 radion rx30 g6 pro blue led
hydros ato
quantum 220 skimmer
heater
ref light
uv
carbon and gfo reactor
co2 scrubber
mesh lid

We also already have a RODI and lots of buckets for all those fun water changes.

I think that is all. Here are a few pictures of my prep. Will post more another time.

IMG_9737.jpg IMG_9738.jpg IMG_9760.jpg IMG_9767.jpg

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I am pretty new to reef keeping even though I grew up with a salt water aquarium. But wow, have things changed since I was a kid. I have always wanted a reef tank but was a bit nervous. So, just last summer I had started with a fresh water tank. That evolved into another fresh water, which evolved into shrimp tanks, which then evolved into breeding shrimp and this went on till I had 34 freshwater tanks. Then, my husband encouraged me to take the leap into salt water. Well, here we are a little over a year later and we will be setting up our 5th salt water tank. This one is going to be my baby. I have been planning and saving for a while, and of course credit helps.

My tank is a waterbox infinia reef 190.5. I worked on getting all the equipment prior to the tank so when I got the tank I was ready to set it up. Even outlined the tank on paper so I could prepare my scape. That was time consuming, trying to keep in mind where I want to put corals and making sure I would be able to have good flow throughout the tank.

So my equipment list consists of:
waterbox infinia 190.5
Carribean Live Sand
Reef salt
Mixture of marco rock and life rock
hydros controller
sicce sdc 9.0 pump
4 power heads
Syncra SDC 9.0 WiFi Controllable Pump
hybrid- 4 t5 and 3 radion rx30 g6 pro blue led
hydros ato
quantum 220 skimmer
heater
ref light
uv
carbon and gfo reactor
co2 scrubber
mesh lid

We also already have a RODI and lots of buckets for all those fun water changes.

I think that is all. Here are a few pictures of my prep. Will post more another time.

IMG_9737.jpg IMG_9738.jpg IMG_9760.jpg IMG_9767.jpg
Nice looking aquascape!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back