220 gallon aquarium stocking

Noah Hemingway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys! This is my first post in the forum. I am just in the process of setting up my new 220 gallon reef tank which I am super excited about! I am currently planning my fish stock list and I was looking for some advice! My current stock list plan is :
- Pair of black clowns or pink skunks
- Chalk bass
- Bicolour blenny
- yellow watchman goby
- yellow tail tamarin wrasse
- a flasher wrasse of some sort
- orchid dotty back
- a pair of genicanthus angel fish (swallowtails) if i can get hold of them
- pyramid butterfly
- coral beauty (maybe)
- flame angel (maybe)
- yellow tang
- convict tang
- kole tang
- regal tang
- orange spot filefish (i know they’re risky with coral but i absolutely love them)

I am also thinking of maybe a sailfin tang and some hawkfish (depending on which inverters i go with)

And I would absolutely LOVE a naso tang but I have heard mixed reviews on tank size for them so I have left that out for now.

If this sounds overstocked or anything’s an absolute no no just tell me! It’s my first time having a reef this big and it’s easy to get over-faced/excited with options! Thanks in advance - Noah

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef and this crazy hobby!

With bioload, you're safe as far what you're planning on stocking for that tank size. Depending on your filtering methods, you might have space for more as well.

I think the only issues I see are with the tangs and filefish. Aside from potential aggression from mixing species I would seriously reconsider the Convict Tang as these guys just seem to wither away while in captivity, would love to see if anyone has any success stories. The Regal will also eventually outgrow a 220.

The Orange Spot Filefish is an obligate corallivore and will need to be weaned off of SPS/LPS onto prepared foods, and there's a definitely continued chance it will continue to eat the corals you end up keeping.

Best of luck!

OP
OP
Noah Hemingway

Noah Hemingway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef and this crazy hobby!

With bioload, you're safe as far what you're planning on stocking for that tank size. Depending on your filtering methods, you might have space for more as well.

I think the only issues I see are with the tangs and filefish. Aside from potential aggression from mixing species I would seriously reconsider the Convict Tang as these guys just seem to wither away while in captivity, would love to see if anyone has any success stories. The Regal will also eventually outgrow a 220.

The Orange Spot Filefish is an obligate corallivore and will need to be weaned off of SPS/LPS onto prepared foods, and there's a definitely continued chance it will continue to eat the corals you end up keeping.

Best of luck!
I will probably skip on the filefish then. Do you know a tang that would be a good replacement for the convict?

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the dimensions?

Assuming about 6'x2'x30" tall, that all looks really good to me. I would skip the Naso (whichever one it is) and the sailfin tang.

I will probably skip on the filefish then. Do you know a tang that would be a good replacement for the convict?

Most of the *not-huge* Acanthurus genus tangs would be fine. Powder blue would be a good one to go with the yellow and kole. If you are getting the regal tang, then maybe a powder brown....just for color variance.

OP
OP
Noah Hemingway

Noah Hemingway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the dimensions?

Assuming about 6'x2'x30" tall, that all looks really good to me. I would skip the Naso (whichever one it is) and the sailfin tang.

Most of the *not-huge* Acanthurus genus tangs would be fine. Powder blue would be a good one to go with the yellow and kole. If you are getting the regal tang, then maybe a powder brown....just for color variance.
Thanks! That’s really helpful! I was also wondering if a Tomini and a Kole would do okay together? I know they’re from the same genus but If I added them at the same time would they be okay? After all it’s a pretty huge tank!

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d say you should be fine with this big of a tank. What are its dimensions? My favorite thing is helping people with stocking lists and keep in mind that these are only my personal suggestions so don’t take them like the Bible.

I’ll start with the Tangs:

Everything looks good. It’s best to add the Tangs at the same time if possible. I’m not sure about the suitability of the Convict as I heard they aren’t the hardiest fish (could be wrong), not like a Powder Blue / Brown / Achilles but not the hardiest. If you find a healthy one that’s eating shouldn’t be a problem though.

I like how you pick one Tang each from 4 different genuses. The Yellow Eye Kole may compete with a Bicolor Blenny for algae though I suppose in your tank and if both are fed enough they shouldn’t bother each other all that much. Blue Hippos can be more susceptible to ich than average but if you can QT that’s the best and if you have a UV sterilizer (note not a “clarifier”) that’s the way to go IMO.

Genicanthus angels are really beautiful and I’d be happy if you could have them in your tank. The males might be a bit harder to find and I’m not sure if with two females one will eventually change to male so ask around here.

You could probably do 2 dwarf angels in a tank of your size, best to add them at the same time if possible.

Pyramid Butterfly looks good. Among the easiest butterflies to keep and perhaps the most reef safe.

The wrasses look good but the Tamarin is a difficult fish. If you are really insistent on getting one make sure it’s in good condition and eating at the LFS. I’d suggest a wrasse of the genus Halichoeres instead or another kind of fairy wrasse, just consult @evolved on compatibility.

Goby, blenny look good. I’d pair the YWG with its natural symbiont partner, an A. bellulus AKA Tiger Pistol Shrimp. How much of a sand bed do you plan to have?

You could add a Hawkfish, Long Nose and Flame IMO are the best though I heard Long Nose Hawkfish are a bit safer with inverts. Again, could be wrong.

Orchid Dottyback looks good. Get one from ORA if possible.

Clowns look good though IMO the Ocellaris (Black and White) look better than the Pink Skunks.

Chalk Bass- how many? Small group would be cool.

Orange Spotted Filefish- These fish are notoriously hard to keep, as many are strict SPS corallivores That simply don’t take prepared foods. If you like the look of a Filefish (of course still with some risk involving corals) maybe find the Radial, Pygmy, Orange Tail, Hawaiian Fan Tail, “Aiptasia Eating” Filefish or maybe a puffer like a Saddle Valentini, Blue Spot etc. or the Valentini’s mimic the Saddle Mimic Filefish. The Filefish will have 2 fins on its back while the “true” puffer will only have one.

Good luck with your tank!

OP
OP
Noah Hemingway

Noah Hemingway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d say you should be fine with this big of a tank. What are its dimensions? My favorite thing is helping people with stocking lists and keep in mind that these are only my personal suggestions so don’t take them like the Bible.

Everything looks good. It’s best to add the Tangs at the same time if possible. I’m not sure about the suitability of the Convict as I heard they aren’t the hardiest fish (could be wrong), not like a Powder Blue / Brown / Achilles but not the hardiest. If you find a healthy one that’s eating shouldn’t be a problem though.

I like how you pick one Tang each from 4 different genuses. The Yellow Eye Kole may compete with a Bicolor Blenny for algae though I suppose in your tank and if both are fed enough they shouldn’t bother each other all that much. Blue Hippos can be more susceptible to ich than average but if you can QT that’s the best and if you have a UV sterilizer (note not a “clarifier”) that’s the way to go IMO.

Genicanthus angels are really beautiful and I’d be happy if you could have them in your tank. The males might be a bit harder to find and I’m not sure if with two females one will eventually change to male so ask around here.

You could probably do 2 dwarf angels in a tank of your size, best to add them at the same time if possible.

Pyramid Butterfly looks good. Among the easiest butterflies to keep and perhaps the most reef safe.

The wrasses look good but the Tamarin is a difficult fish. If you are really insistent on getting one make sure it’s in good condition and eating at the LFS. I’d suggest a wrasse of the genus Halichoeres instead or another kind of fairy wrasse, just consult @evolved on compatibility.

Goby, blenny look good. I’d pair the YWG with its natural symbiont partner, an A. bellulus AKA Tiger Pistol Shrimp. How much of a sand bed do you plan to have?

You could add a Hawkfish, Long Nose and Flame IMO are the best though I heard Long Nose Hawkfish are a bit safer with inverts. Again, could be wrong.

Clowns look good though IMO the Ocellaris (Black and White) look better than the Pink Skunks.

Orange Spotted Filefish- These fish are notoriously hard to keep, as many are strict SPS corallivores That simply don’t take prepared foods. If you like the look of a Filefish (of course still with some risk involving corals) maybe find the Radial, Pygmy, Orange Tail, Hawaiian Fan Tail, “Aiptasia Eating” Filefish or maybe a puffer like a Saddle Valentini, Blue Spot etc. or the Valentini’s mimic the Saddle Mimic Filefish. The Filefish will have 2 fins on its back while the “true” puffer will only have one.

Thanks so much for all that! I have just ordered the tank and ended up going with a 180 gallon rather than the 220, however i have a 40 gallon sump so it’s still about 220 in water volume! The tank in 6ft by 2ft by 2ft and i’m getting it custom made! I’m going to have about a 3inch sand bed (maybe less or more depending on recommendations)! I also have a 55 gallon tank that i’m going to set up as quarantine. I was up late last night going over my stock list and I have altered it! I would love to hear you’re thoughts on it.
New stock list-
Chalk bass
Bicolour blenny or tailspot blenny
Yellow watchman goby & pistol shrimp
Yellow tail tamarin wrasse
Candycane hog fish
Black clownfish pair
Orchid dotty back
Pyramid butterfly
Male Genicanthus angel
Coral beauty
Flame angel
Regal tang
Yellow tang
Kole tang
Tomini tang

Possible others -
Valentini puffer
Blue throat trigger
Orange shoulder thang
Trio of Lyretail anthias
Scissortail dartfish
Long nose hawk fish
Bicolour angel
Marine betta
Blue dot jawfish
Maybe some cardinals or chromis

Let me know what you think! I know they won’t all fit but if i could have at least some of my “possible others” in too that would be great!

Ignore the message/reply after that, it posted twice for no reason!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Noah Hemingway

Noah Hemingway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks so much for all that! I have just ordered the tank and ended up going with a 180 gallon rather than the 220, however i have a 40 gallon sump so it’s still about 220 in water volume! The tank in 6ft by 2ft by 2ft and i’m getting it custom made! I’m going to have about a 3inch sand bed (maybe less or more depending on recommendations)! I also have a 55 gallon tank that i’m going to set up as quarantine. I was up late last night going over my stock list and I have altered it! I would love to hear you’re thoughts on it.
New stock list-
Chalk bass
Candycane hog fish
Black clownfish pair
Orchid dotty back
Pyramid butterfly
Male Genicanthus angel
Coral beauty
Flame angel
Regal tang
Yellow tang
Kole tang

Possible others -
Valentini puffer
Blue throat trigger
Orange shoulder thang
Trio of Lyretail anthias
Scissortail dartfish
Long nose hawk fish
Bicolour angel
Marine betta

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhh there was a little mix up. xD A 6 by 2 by 2 foot tank are the standard dimensions of a 180.

Taking a look at your revised list:

Chalk Bass- Great!

Bicolor / Tail Spot Blenny- Great!

Yellow Watchman Goby and Pistol Shrimp- Great!

Black and White Ocellaris pair- Great!

Orchid Dottyback- Great!

Coral Beauty- Great!

Flame- Hopefully two dwarf angels will work out!

Yellow Tang- Great!

Yellow Eye Kole Tang- Great!

Regal Blue Tang- They get to a foot long so maybe long term will need an 8’ or longer tank.

Pyramid Butterfly- Great!

Male Swallowtail Angel- Great! Maybe if you start off with a female it will eventually change into a male. I would possibly try two Swallowtail Angels, even 2 females, with 1 in place of the Regal Blue Tang. Or maybe a 2nd Pyramid Butterfly.

Or a Fox Face. If you think the Foxface Lo and One Spot are too yellow, look for a Bicolor or Magnificent.

Candy Cane Hogfish- Beautiful fish! However do check if it can co-exist with other wrasses.

Yellow Tail Tamarin Wrasse- If you can get one to eat and get a healthy one from the start, best of luck.

Proposed Stocking List:

Valentini Puffer- Really cute. I guess you could add one, some have reported munching on corals but keeping it well fed should be fine.

Blue Throat Trigger- Among the most reef safe of all triggers.

Marine Betta- Amazing fish!

Bicolor Angelfish- They’re very hit or miss these days when it comes to survivability. Plus if you can have 2 dwarf angels (CB and Flame) I’m not sure about adding a third.

Orange Shoulder Tang- Again, they get to one foot and 2 inches so long term really need that 8’ or longer tank.

Blue Dot Jawfish- They’re a cooler water fish that need a chiller. Not suitable for a tropical reef tank. If you want a Jawfish look for a tropical species like a Yellowhead or another one.

Long Nose Hawkfish- Great!

Cardinals or Chromis- Pajama Cardinals are easy to find and people have had success keeping them in groups. Bangaiis need to be in confirmed pairs. As for Chromis people have mixed results with aggression in groups. Some seem to do fine, others kill each other off over time. Some say you treat them like Anthias by feeding them several times a day. Cardinals would perhaps be easier to manage.

Lyre Tail Anthias- Among the easiest Anthias to keep. Get 3 females and hopefully the dominant one will change into male over time. Needs to be feed ideally 3+ times a day.

Scissortail Dartfish- Personally am a fan of them and they can be kept in small groups. Cover your tank just ad you would with wrasses, gobies etc.

Personally for the large fish, I would do: Make sure your filtration is strong especially for the Triggerfish should you get it, and the Tangs. In a 180 I’d probably cap it at 6 large fish.

1 Yellow Tang
1 Yellow Eye Kole Tang
1 Pyramid Butterfly
1 Japanese Swallowtail Angelfish
1 Marine Betta
1 Blue Throat Triggerfish / Magnificent or Bicolor Fox Face

If you want more than one wrasse but with variety safest way to go would be 1 Halichoeres and 1 fairy wrasse. Or 1 Halichoeres / Fairy / Flasher and your Tamarin Wrasse. If you really like the Hogfish then by all means go for it, I love it too, just check with the wrasse experts to see how it’ll play out with your Tamarin or a Halichoeres / Fairy / Flasher.

The Tamarin will need sand as it’s a burrowing kind of wrasse. If you choose a Halichoeres it’ll also need sand. The wrasses that don’t need sand are Fairies, Flashers, Hogfish, the Possum and Pink Streak Wrasses, Secretive Wrasses (Mona Lisa Wrasse) and the Lined Wrasses (4, Mystery, 6, and 8).

OP
OP
Noah Hemingway

Noah Hemingway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhh there was a little mix up. xD A 6 by 2 by 2 foot tank are the standard dimensions of a 180.

Taking a look at your revised list:

Chalk Bass- Great!

Bicolor / Tail Spot Blenny- Great!

Yellow Watchman Goby and Pistol Shrimp- Great!

Black and White Ocellaris pair- Great!

Orchid Dottyback- Great!

Coral Beauty- Great!

Flame- Hopefully two dwarf angels will work out!

Yellow Tang- Great!

Yellow Eye Kole Tang- Great!

Regal Blue Tang- They get to a foot long so maybe long term will need an 8’ or longer tank.

Pyramid Butterfly- Great!

Male Swallowtail Angel- Great! Maybe if you start off with a female it will eventually change into a male. I would possibly try two Swallowtail Angels, even 2 females, with 1 in place of the Regal Blue Tang. Or maybe a 2nd Pyramid Butterfly.

Or a Fox Face. If you think the Foxface Lo and One Spot are too yellow, look for a Bicolor or Magnificent.

Candy Cane Hogfish- Beautiful fish! However do check if it can co-exist with other wrasses.

Yellow Tail Tamarin Wrasse- If you can get one to eat and get a healthy one from the start, best of luck.

Proposed Stocking List:

Valentini Puffer- Really cute. I guess you could add one, some have reported munching on corals but keeping it well fed should be fine.

Blue Throat Trigger- Among the most reef safe of all triggers.

Marine Betta- Amazing fish!

Bicolor Angelfish- They’re very hit or miss these days when it comes to survivability. Plus if you can have 2 dwarf angels (CB and Flame) I’m not sure about adding a third.

Orange Shoulder Tang- Again, they get to one foot and 2 inches so long term really need that 8’ or longer tank.

Blue Dot Jawfish- They’re a cooler water fish that need a chiller. Not suitable for a tropical reef tank. If you want a Jawfish look for a tropical species like a Yellowhead or another one.

Long Nose Hawkfish- Great!

Cardinals or Chromis- Pajama Cardinals are easy to find and people have had success keeping them in groups. Bangaiis need to be in confirmed pairs. As for Chromis people have mixed results with aggression in groups. Some seem to do fine, others kill each other off over time. Some say you treat them like Anthias by feeding them several times a day. Cardinals would perhaps be easier to manage.

Lyre Tail Anthias- Among the easiest Anthias to keep. Get 3 females and hopefully the dominant one will change into male over time. Needs to be feed ideally 3+ times a day.

Scissortail Dartfish- Personally am a fan of them and they can be kept in small groups. Cover your tank just ad you would with wrasses, gobies etc.

Personally for the large fish, I would do: Make sure your filtration is strong especially for the Triggerfish should you get it, and the Tangs. In a 180 I’d probably cap it at 6 large fish.

1 Yellow Tang
1 Yellow Eye Kole Tang
1 Pyramid Butterfly
1 Japanese Swallowtail Angelfish
1 Marine Betta
1 Blue Throat Triggerfish / Magnificent or Bicolor Fox Face

If you want more than one wrasse but with variety safest way to go would be 1 Halichoeres and 1 fairy wrasse. Or 1 Halichoeres / Fairy / Flasher and your Tamarin Wrasse. If you really like the Hogfish then by all means go for it, I love it too, just check with the wrasse experts to see how it’ll play out with your Tamarin or a Halichoeres / Fairy / Flasher.

The Tamarin will need sand as it’s a burrowing kind of wrasse. If you choose a Halichoeres it’ll also need sand. The wrasses that don’t need sand are Fairies, Flashers, Hogfish, the Possum and Pink Streak Wrasses, Secretive Wrasses (Mona Lisa Wrasse) and the Lined Wrasses (4, Mystery, 6, and 8).
Honestly thanks so so much!!!
How does this sound then?
Chalk bass
A fairy/flasher/tamarin (will do more research)
Candycane hog fish
Black clownfish pair
Orchid dotty back
Pyramid butterfly
Male Genicanthus angel
Coral beauty
Flame angel
One spot foxface
Yellow tang
Kole tang
Valentini puffer
Blue throat trigger
Trio of Lyretail anthias
Scissortail dartfish
Long nose hawk fish
Marine betta

I used to have a candy cane hog fish and I absolutely loved him/her. The most stunning fish I have ever had, I kept it with a green wrasse and they always got along so I’m hoping I shouldn’t have to many problems! I had to sell that tank when I moved and rehome the fish. Glad to be getting back into marine!!! I can’t wait for a reef again. Let’s hope all my hard work and... money hahah pays of!!
Thanks again! Let me know.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your filtration can handle it, I say go for it! Your main sources of bioload will be your large fish and maybe the Anthias. The rest of your fish are either smaller or not active swimmers. Again do more research on whether the Hogfish can be kept with other wrasses, Ask @evolved, maybe PM him, but other than that, good luck! I’m only saying this because the Green wrasse you had is one of the more aggressive wrasses.

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New stock list-
Chalk bass
Candycane hog fish
Black clownfish pair
Orchid dotty back
Pyramid butterfly
Male Genicanthus angel
Coral beauty
Flame angel
Regal tang
Yellow tang
Kole tang
Tomini tang

Possible others -
Valentini puffer
Blue throat trigger
Orange shoulder thang
Trio of Lyretail anthias
Scissortail dartfish
Long nose hawk fish
Bicolour angel
Marine betta
Blue dot jawfish
Maybe some cardinals or chromis

Let me know what you think! I know they won’t all fit but if i could have at least some of my “possible others” in too that would be great!

Ignore the message/reply after that, it posted twice for no reason!
This list is looking good, I would suggest only keeping one dwarf angel though as they will fight unless they are paired. The safest with coral is the coral beauty. I would also suggest that you stick with only one bristle tooth tang, they hate each other and are dangerous to keep together. Tomini is the safest choice, koles are oftentimes very aggressive.
The hogfish will not play nice with inverts, keep that in mind. It may also bully the other wrasses smaller than it, so be wary of that as well.
Personally, I like Pink skunks far better than Occs, both due to color and the fact that they are far less aggressive. they also host anemones far more readily, if that's something you want to consider in the future. The pyramid butterfly may want to be in a group, don't quote me on that though.

Now on to possible other fish, the valentini has the chance of nipping at LPS and anemones but should leave SPS alone for the most part. Blue throat trigger should be safe as well, just keep it well fed or it may go for your inverts. Longnose hawk would be awesome as it's one of the safer hawks. I say a group of anthias would be awesome, just as long as you keep them fed! I'm personally not a fan of lyretails, but it's up to you. A few pairs or a group of cardinals would be awesome as well, I wouldn't risk chromis though as they can carry Uronema bacteria inside them.

Good luck on the build! Large tanks like this will always hold a special spot in my heart.

OP
OP
Noah Hemingway

Noah Hemingway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This list is looking good, I would suggest only keeping one dwarf angel though as they will fight unless they are paired. The safest with coral is the coral beauty. I would also suggest that you stick with only one bristle tooth tang, they hate each other and are dangerous to keep together. Tomini is the safest choice, koles are oftentimes very aggressive.
The hogfish will not play nice with inverts, keep that in mind. It may also bully the other wrasses smaller than it, so be wary of that as well.
Personally, I like Pink skunks far better than Occs, both due to color and the fact that they are far less aggressive. they also host anemones far more readily, if that's something you want to consider in the future. The pyramid butterfly may want to be in a group, don't quote me on that though.

Now on to possible other fish, the valentini has the chance of nipping at LPS and anemones but should leave SPS alone for the most part. Blue throat trigger should be safe as well, just keep it well fed or it may go for your inverts. Longnose hawk would be awesome as it's one of the safer hawks. I say a group of anthias would be awesome, just as long as you keep them fed! I'm personally not a fan of lyretails, but it's up to you. A few pairs or a group of cardinals would be awesome as well, I wouldn't risk chromis though as they can carry Uronema bacteria inside them.

Good luck on the build! Large tanks like this will always hold a special spot in my heart.
Thanks! That was very informative and helpful!

TangGang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys! This is my first post in the forum. I am just in the process of setting up my new 220 gallon reef tank which I am super excited about! I am currently planning my fish stock list and I was looking for some advice! My current stock list plan is :
- Pair of black clowns or pink skunks
- Chalk bass
- Bicolour blenny
- yellow watchman goby
- yellow tail tamarin wrasse
- a flasher wrasse of some sort
- orchid dotty back
- a pair of genicanthus angel fish (swallowtails) if i can get hold of them
- pyramid butterfly
- coral beauty (maybe)
- flame angel (maybe)
- yellow tang
- convict tang
- kole tang
- regal tang
- orange spot filefish (i know they’re risky with coral but i absolutely love them)

I am also thinking of maybe a sailfin tang and some hawkfish (depending on which inverters i go with)

And I would absolutely LOVE a naso tang but I have heard mixed reviews on tank size for them so I have left that out for now.

If this sounds overstocked or anything’s an absolute no no just tell me! It’s my first time having a reef this big and it’s easy to get over-faced/excited with options! Thanks in advance - Noah
That sounds like a very good list seems like you got everything down. Naso is risky for sure with size because males get significantly larger than females. As for the regal tang I see no problems, it’s the smaller end of what it should be in but it definitely is enough for one, if you are worried about size for the regal, cut another tang of your list to reduce overcrowding and potential aggressive. Just use an acclimation box and you will be alright. Also you excluded anthias not sure if this was on purpose or just forgot but anthias look great swimming along side those big tangs.

gaki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a heads up: orchid dotty backs can be MEAN. Also I agree with everything Mr_Knightley said (but I prefer Ocellaris lol). I definitely look forward to seeing the progression. If you do add corals, you might want to keep a close eye on at least the dwarf angels b/c they are sometimes reef safe, but it usually just depends on the individual fish and how well fed they are. Good Luck!

Back