OP
Metcho

Metcho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool thread
Thanks I appreciate it. Still more to come I’ve been slacking. Lol. I looked through your build thread got to the end and was like on no!! Markus what happened to your tank if you don’t mind me asking?

Mirkus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I appreciate it. Still more to come I’ve been slacking. Lol. I looked through your build thread got to the end and was like on no!! Markus what happened to your tank if you don’t mind me asking?

Years of splashing fish led to water damage to the stand. I contacted Red Sea and they advised that I get a new stand. Replacing a stand is a lot of work, almost like a getting a new tank. So, I have a new tank;)

OP
OP
Metcho

Metcho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Years of splashing fish led to water damage to the stand. I contacted Red Sea and they advised that I get a new stand. Replacing a stand is a lot of work, almost like a getting a new tank. So, I have a new tank;)
Oh I see. That sucks. Yeah I know all about saltwater eating stuff up. Glad to hear you got a new tank outta the deal. lol. One other question how do you upload videos on here? I put one on and it wouldn’t start when I try turning it on.

OP
OP
Metcho

Metcho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on this build?

Sorry been a bit busy last week lots of things going on right now especially with trying to get FedEx and ups and usps to actually be responsible for getting products to the house but COVID-19 not helloing one bit. I’ll post soon. Sorry.

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the BUBBLE MAGUS CURVE B10 PROTEIN SKIMMER WITH DC PUMP so needed a big chamber. and it’s very quite to my surprise. Adding to the no door police on stand so I can see my blood sweat and tears.
D7CF2E69-347E-44F7-AAD8-7EAAC7702E06.jpeg

Hows the build coming along? I’m curious if your using this skimmer yet? I’ve had mine for about 7-8 months and I just can’t get it to perform how I want it to perform.

OP
OP
Metcho

Metcho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hows the build coming along? I’m curious if your using this skimmer yet? I’ve had mine for about 7-8 months and I just can’t get it to perform how I want it to perform.
Hello it’s moving slowly. Ordered fish finally. I love the bubble mag. It needs to be in 8” of water I’ve found it to be a beast there. I’m skimming dry. Gosht feeding 1cube of Mysis shrimp until fish arrive to keep tank where needs to be cause of the large fish list dropping in at once.
What depth are you running yours at??

OP
OP
Metcho

Metcho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the dimensions of the new tank?
Hey fishnet sorry for the long delay in responding. Family stuff. The dimensions of the tank are 60” long 36” wide 24” tall with a 46”long 30”wide 16” tall sump made by me cause they wanted to much to make. Lol

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great build thread and LOVE all the DIY

Stand looks amazing, love the woodwork and trimming and finish!

Those mp60s are BEASTS

Can't wait to see pics of it filled with fish and corals

Thank you for sharing!!!

OP
OP
Metcho

Metcho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let’s see if I can upload a visitor of light

and rails I built for 220.
Great build thread and LOVE all the DIY

Stand looks amazing, love the woodwork and trimming and finish!

Those mp60s are BEASTS

Can't wait to see pics of it filled with fish and corals

Thank you for sharing!!!
Thanks I appreciate it. It’s a lot of work but when you sit back and look at it and say yeah I built that. It make you feel much better and my pocket. Lol

OP
OP
Metcho

Metcho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I can’t figure out how to add a video yet on here. Lol. So pictures will have to do for now.
I just finished up my lighting rails built from 80/20 aluminum used 1-1/2 rails. I decided to use oceanrevive led panels since I’ve been running them on my other tanks and growing the crap out of my sps. I changed the light though. I removed 18 led of channel 2 14white and 2reds 2 green and replaced with 450nm-455nm royal blues. I’m making three 60” led strip lights now using all luxeon leds cause I can’t see myself spending over $1000 in reefbright or Orphek and they only run at half the wattage cause the heatsink can’t dissipate the heat from leds. I’ll have a mix of 40 blues on one channel and 10 4K white on separate channel totaling 50 led per strip at 1000ma all ran on my bluefish controller. So six independent channels. When I stat them I’ll explain more about the strips.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

OP
OP
Metcho

Metcho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also made a order for fish with quarantinedfish.us
Tang ‍♀️ Lol
There all going in at the same time so not dominance or territorial crap. All about the same size two. So hoping it all goes well.

Gem Tang
Achilles Tang
Powder Brown Tang
Purple Tang
Yellow Tang
Powder Blue Tang
Exquisite wrasse
Two cleaner shrimp
And snails

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello it’s moving slowly. Ordered fish finally. I love the bubble mag. It needs to be in 8” of water I’ve found it to be a beast there. I’m skimming dry. Gosht feeding 1cube of Mysis shrimp until fish arrive to keep tank where needs to be cause of the large fish list dropping in at once.
What depth are you running yours at??

I’ve tried quite a few different depths. It’s running at 9 inches now, and not performing well. I’m going to clean it today and clean the pump to see if that helps. I might put it on some egg crate because I can’t lower my sump level any more.

I love your Ocean Revive setup and I love that you Modded them for more blue. I did the exact same thing on my last build and had a lot of success with them. The fans tend to die, so watch out for that. Although, you can buy replacement fans cheap.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 47 40.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 28.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back