OP
OP
Metcho

Metcho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve tried quite a few different depths. It’s running at 9 inches now, and not performing well. I’m going to clean it today and clean the pump to see if that helps. I might put it on some egg crate because I can’t lower my sump level any more.

I love your Ocean Revive setup and I love that you Modded them for more blue. I did the exact same thing on my last build and had a lot of success with them. The fans tend to die, so watch out for that. Although, you can buy replacement fans cheap.
Yeah I would definitely run it at 8”. When I built my sump I made a gate that I can lower and raise water level in skimmer section fro 6”-11”. It runs better at 8” to 7-1/2” I have my dial set to 1-1/2 on skimmer gate valve. Okay thanks about the fans. Let me know how the skimmer does at lower water settings for you.

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello it’s moving slowly. Ordered fish finally. I love the bubble mag. It needs to be in 8” of water I’ve found it to be a beast there. I’m skimming dry. Gosht feeding 1cube of Mysis shrimp until fish arrive to keep tank where needs to be cause of the large fish list dropping in at once.
What depth are you running yours at??
Well, I just disassembled and cleaned this thing. The six colonista snail shells in the needle wheel might have something to do with my issues. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Metcho

Metcho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I just disassembled and cleaned this thing. The six colonista snail shells in the needle wheel might have something to do with my issues. :rolleyes:
Yeah I’m going to agree with you there. Hopefully that fixes your problem! I’d still raise it up so I’m 7-1/2” to 8” water thought.

RT2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where do u find thr aluminum rail for lighting kit? just started a peninsula tank myself and struggling w lighting options. also considering ocean revives but i already have radions. just not a huge fan

OP
OP
Metcho

Metcho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where do u find thr aluminum rail for lighting kit? just started a peninsula tank myself and struggling w lighting options. also considering ocean revives but i already have radions. just not a huge fan
Hey I found the aluminum rails here I used 1-1/2

Scott's reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all just wanted to share my build thread of my 225 peninsula reef tank!!
It started last year I got a heck of a deal from Steve at acrylichabitats for a 225 acrylic tank no holes. So I pulled the trigger and had him build the tank. Glad I did very good builder.
7C526EC5-7501-4928-8BC2-0465BB3D2F95.jpeg
He's building my custom sump, can't wait to get it

Kodski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I can’t figure out how to add a video yet on here. Lol. So pictures will have to do for now.
I just finished up my lighting rails built from 80/20 aluminum used 1-1/2 rails. I decided to use oceanrevive led panels since I’ve been running them on my other tanks and growing the crap out of my sps. I changed the light though. I removed 18 led of channel 2 14white and 2reds 2 green and replaced with 450nm-455nm royal blues. I’m making three 60” led strip lights now using all luxeon leds cause I can’t see myself spending over $1000 in reefbright or Orphek and they only run at half the wattage cause the heatsink can’t dissipate the heat from leds. I’ll have a mix of 40 blues on one channel and 10 4K white on separate channel totaling 50 led per strip at 1000ma all ran on my bluefish controller. So six independent channels. When I stat them I’ll explain more about the strips.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Do you have more information on how you replaced some of the LEDs in the oceanrevives? They are cheap lights and seem pretty decent. I've considered them before, and if I can easily tailor the LEDs to my need's then I may consider them again.

OP
OP
Metcho

Metcho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have more information on how you replaced some of the LEDs in the oceanrevives? They are cheap lights and seem pretty decent. I've considered them before, and if I can easily tailor the LEDs to my need's then I may consider them again.
Hello Kodski
What all do you wanna know? I found a link online to disassemble the lights. It’s fairly easy only thing I’d recommend is to get a de solderer it’s a tube thing that has suction on it that sucks solder off the led board. So that the board is very smooth we reattaching the new leds. Let me see if I can find the long and post it on here to help you.

OP
OP
Metcho

Metcho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I replaced all the whites and red and green leds and soldered 450nm royal blues in. Here’s the original layout
7F551D96-15C0-49DC-817E-149897B6C7CF.jpeg

OP
OP
Metcho

Metcho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a post I found helpful when I was disassembling the light.

Kodski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a post I found helpful when I was disassembling the light.

I was looking for something exactly like this! Thank you! Now to figure out what LEDs those are and then see if they have some true UV LEDs.

RT2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem. Let me know if you have any questions.

filled my tank w water today. L1 pump is kickin butt so i threw a gyre on the opposite end and flow is awesome. now to hide this freakin cord

OP
OP
Metcho

Metcho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love how you claim to “not” have woodworking skills! Hilarious! Beautiful build, my friend. Congratulations.
Thanks you JumboShrimp. Hey I got some woodworking skills but all self taught. It takes a lot of patients that for sure. Mostly starts in my head the vision of what I want them I draw it on paper and figure out how can I make this happen. Then A bit of trial and error. Then a finished product. I could nit pick the crap outta my work but it’s only things I notice. Lol.

but seriously thanks you. I greatly appreciate the compliment

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 117 58.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 60 30.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 72 36.2%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 16.6%
  • Other

Votes: 58 29.1%
Back