225G Build (72x30x24)

Viner87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome thanks - I was planning on getting 2x sicce syncra pro sdc 6.0, but might opt for the Varios instead after seeing yours and reading about them just now.

Viner87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you have to use some sort of an adaptor to plumb you return outlet into you manifold?

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow just wow. Love every thing about this tank. Incredible job. Can't wait to see it filled.

OP
OP
D

dburt520

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say a special adapter, but it was a reducer tee. I started with 1 1/4 of the pump, used a 1 1/4 to 1 inch tee where it splits, and each valve is fed via a 1 x 1 x 3/4 tee.

I may regret the 1 inch pipe at the split and not keeping it all 1 1 /4 - I'll let you know tomorrow when I fill it.

And thanks Tusi - going yo fill it tomorrow with hose water to test the plumbing.

Last edited:

915MANG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking Really Nice, Have you filled the 225g Yet?! Everything is looking really clean, Congrats

OP
OP
D

dburt520

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some water in the tank today.

Things went well. Actually draining it now, want to make a change to the overflow box. I used the recommended length stand pipes with the 180 degree connectors they supply but it is AWFULLY noisy. Going to go back to what I have done previously, but other than that, all was well! A couple pics for good measure:

JVNr4cv.jpg

EmIl82r.jpg

OP
OP
D

dburt520

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was real concerned about the flow because I used 1 inch pvc instead of the 1 1/4, but I have no issues at all.

The tank has actually already been drained, cleaned out again and I will let it dry for a day or so and then start filling with rodi.

I guess the plan is to put sand in (it's dry sand), fill with RODI and slowly add salt to the tank, bring it up to temp and when my sg and temp are where I want it I will move the rocks into the tank... Seems like alot of work, but I am unsure how else to do this.

OP
OP
D

dburt520

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some exciting updates and a busy week!

Let it dry out for couple of days and then this happened:

0ZjGuHx.jpg

18 hours later and this is where we were:

kuRn9Sl.jpg

And finally the last day and a half it has progressed into this:

c8iAGp5.jpg

HiD9Dyp.jpg

fuHH6CR.jpg

LjqhZV2.jpg

XOEcK7G.jpg

9lWFM1F.jpg

I will say that aquascaping a tank is by far my least "enjoyable" part of this hobby. You always have a great idea in your head of what you want / expect it to look like, and in my case it never turns out that way. I am overall pretty happy with it, but will likely make a change to the right side. I really like the left and the center, but the right side could use a little work.

Thanks
Dave

reeferdon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two Questions
1. Where did you get your water tanks?
2. Who's the tank maker? They did a great job.

OP
OP
D

dburt520

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the tanks through Rural King when they had a free shipping promotion going. They are made by AceRoto Mold.

Thanks

MamaLovesHerReefTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some exciting updates and a busy week!

Let it dry out for couple of days and then this happened:

0ZjGuHx.jpg

18 hours later and this is where we were:

kuRn9Sl.jpg

And finally the last day and a half it has progressed into this:

c8iAGp5.jpg

HiD9Dyp.jpg

fuHH6CR.jpg

LjqhZV2.jpg

XOEcK7G.jpg

9lWFM1F.jpg

I will say that aquascaping a tank is by far my least "enjoyable" part of this hobby. You always have a great idea in your head of what you want / expect it to look like, and in my case it never turns out that way. I am overall pretty happy with it, but will likely make a change to the right side. I really like the left and the center, but the right side could use a little work.

Thanks
Dave
I think your scape looks perfect. Lots of swim throughs, hiding spaces and room for corals. Following along.

Kid_Vegas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the build of your tank from crystal dynamics any issues with them or any build quality issues? I was thinking about choosing them to do my tank as well.

OP
OP
D

dburt520

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's very nice.

Perfect - no, however I might be as much as a perfectionist as they come.

I would indeed reccomend them and would purchase from them again. The silicone is very nice is the areas that it matters, which is important.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 13 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 112 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.0%
Back