OP
OP
D

dburt520

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't touched it yet. The longer I look at it, it is actually really growing on me. I really like all of the holes/pockets/caves.

Smprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's very nice.

Perfect - no, however I might be as much as a perfectionist as they come.

I would indeed reccomend them and would purchase from them again. The silicone is very nice is the areas that it matters, which is important.

I recently got my tank from them and I can concur with dburt's assessment. PERFECT...nope, but since this is my first tank, I guess it was "good enough". I will say that at this price point...IF I had to do it again, I would probably have gone with Reef Savvy. I had them do the cabinet and stainless steal stand as well. The cabinet for sure left a lot to be desired, in the details. The stainless steal stand, can't say as it is hidden, but I'm happy with it.

Smprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw, I forgot to say great job on the build. What made you decide to go with APEX. I am on the fence. GHL or APEX...ugh...I need to make a decision!

OP
OP
D

dburt520

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!

The main reason was that I already had it! I have not used a GHL, but the Apex does anything you could ever want to do with a reef tank.

I can automate 99.9% of my tank, monitor it while I am away, and have it alert me if anything is "off".

Outside of that, not sure what else you could want out of a controller.

xaflatoonx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely stunning.

Are there any sketches or detailed pictures of your stand build. I am trying to plan my stand build and wanted to learn more. Anything you can provide would be helpful and appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

OP
OP
D

dburt520

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I unfortunately do not have anything other than what is posted.

Sorry
Dave

OP
OP
D

dburt520

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to PM me we can discuss the stand and different options. I am happy to help if I can.

I think I may do my first test tomorrow to see where my levels are at. Shrimp is still floating so I am curious what the numbers look like. The rock was very well prepped and cured, but not cycled...

xaflatoonx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you sir. I will definitely pick your brain when the time comes.

You sound like a perfectionist. Your stand looks amazing yet you sound like your are not completely in love with it. Lol. But I would love to have one that looks half as decent.

Should be a fun project whenever it starts.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 13 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 112 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.0%
Back