24 gallon aquapod LEDs, help

ReeferBill

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
832
Reaction score
249
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[TABLE="class: tborder, width: 100%, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD="class: alt1, bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]Ok, so I am buying a used 24 aquapod, and have still not decided to go with LEDs, being 24, 3 watt CREE(half blue/half natural white and dimmable)...OR to keep the CF bulbs and see what happens. What is the consensus here as far as which one is better? I am hoping to keep SPS, clams, zoas, and maybe some chalices in low light areas. Mostly I want to have SPS and clams. I have seen some amazing nanos with the CF, and also seen some with amazing LEDs, but there are mixed reviews. Does anyone have experience with the LEDs in a nano, long term with these corals?
Thanks
BIll



[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
 
I have had LEDs for a while on my 90 gallon, then 125 gallon reef with good results. I would reccomend a 12" fixture, 24 leds would more than suffice.
 
I am looking to do a DIY from RapidLED, so I can configure any light combo, and make it dimmable. The heatsink is 6X9 inches, and it fits under the canopy. Have you had good growth on all those corals? Any bleaching or color loss? Thanks for the reply.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new