24 gallon bow front lighting

Phish Styx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I am currently running a single kessil a360we I had from a few years back over my 24 gallon mixed reef. It hasn’t been up for very long and only has some small frags of LPS, some GSP, pumping xenia and a small birdsnest coral frag. I’d like to upgrade my lights as I have a large amount of shadowing. I have considered going with a kessil a360x with a reef brite xho add on kit, an ap9x and a radion because I have an mp10 anyway and I like the mobius app. Does anyone have any advice to offer on this? I’m stumped as to what to do.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, for 10 reefers you'll have 10 different advise when it comes to lighting, it's very much about reference between the ones you mention here.

I'd go with something you can use with the Kessil that you're using already. Lights are expensive so better save some money!

Could you share a picture of your tank, would make it easier to help :upside-down-face:

Have you had a PAR meter in the tank? Seems a single Kessil a360 should be plenty sufficient for a 24 gallon tank depending on your dimensions..

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't use AP9x, the lenses are specifically made to create a rectangular spread 48x24 so you'll lose a lot of light to spillage and ultimately waste a lot of money. It seems a blade type light would be great if reducing shadowing is the goal

OP
OP
P

Phish Styx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't use AP9x, the lenses are specifically made to create a rectangular spread 48x24 so you'll lose a lot of light to spillage and ultimately waste a lot of money. It seems a blade type light would be great if reducing shadowing is the goal
Thank you. I actually ended up getting a coral glow blade.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back