24" light on a 36" tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter riche
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

riche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2014
Messages
1,246
Reaction score
438
Location
Metro Detroit
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Im setting up a tank since my son doesn't want it in his room anymore, It has some sentimental value as I made it for our favorite Sports team the Detroit Tigers

The back glass has stickers and such on the outside back glass and then a blue back ground. I really Took my time with this tank

Anyways its a 36 gallon tank its 36" side to side 12" frt to back and around 22" high.


I have a 4 bulb 24" t-5 light laying around and was wondering if I hang the light if I will get decent coverage. It will be a zoa/soft coral tank
 
I think you will be fine with what u plan to keep . Just make sure to use decent bubs .
3 blue plus to 1 white type Coral Plus ,AB special is sufficient .
 
4 bulbs should be plenty to cover 12" front to back. If you're not planning to aquascape all the way to the edges side to side then should be ok with the 24" light on a 36" tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new