240 Gallon Mixed Reef

tigerlilys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Adam is the Name here is our 240 Gallon acrylic mixed reef

Did a favor for a person and they gave me the aquarium is is an Acrylic which is not my favorite but I could not afford something this nice so not complaining just saying cleaning acryilic adds a lot to the day.

Custom stand made from 4x4s and 2x6 We live in earthquake country.

Facade is from the Depot made with real weathered wood 1/4 thick panels and some sponge work to make a ocean oxidation (Treasure Chest type of thing) work in progress still

Neptune Apex
JBJ Chiller
Aqua Ultraviolet UV system
Octopus 200 Ca Reactor with Kamoer Pump
BRS GFO reactor plumbed with Manifold off main with APEX flow module
2x 4" Socks
heater that never comes on due to UV and equipment heat (thus the chiller)
Reef Octo Elite 220 Skimmer
Jebao 20000 DC return Pump
Dual Return
Dual Overflow
2 Ap9x
2 54watt Giessman Super Actinic (Sunglow cheap amazon fixtures)
2 Maxspect xf 350 Gyres
1 Hydor small flow pump
A LOT of rock (I like the 1:1 aquascape ratio sorta like cutting a piece of the reef out and putting it in the tank)
3"+ Sand Bed Special Grade
Refugium with nearly 5 gallon bucket worth of cheato grow insane, Kessil Refug light

Lots of Coral Lots of Fish

PXL_20201113_201708933.jpg PXL_20201113_201618908.jpg Treasure Chest Aquarium.jpg TC Aquarium Stand Opening.jpg tlhof.jpg

OP
OP
tigerlilys

tigerlilys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice idea with the treasure box stand Adam. I like it, unique and rustic...you have my mind percolating to perhaps re-face or replace what I have currently. And looks like the treasure sitting above it is doing well!
I spent a nano second in the music industry and picked up the train of though you can really do some pizzazz externally with a little elbow grease and a lot of imagination, in our purposes the facades are limitless as long as the foundation and bones are good. Fairly inexpensive too, and so much can be done scouring good will and places for items to spruce up the exterior.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 149 60.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 27.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 34.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 66 26.9%
Back