245 mixed reef build

Biggestfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Found a great deal on a used 245 GLA show tank 72x30x26. Starfire glass front and sides. Drilled,Two 2in drains, Four 3/4 returns ..one will be a emergency drain. Also has two covered with glass, two 2in drains I won’t be using on the bottom. Not sure of the brand of overflow but it’s 20x7 and only across the top center back. I believe it was setup for a bean drain. Stand is solid but needs skinned. I’ve had it two weeks and I’m rolling along pretty good. I had a 125 mixed reef 3 years ago...after losing so much in a move. I sold everything. Any advice or opinions are welcome. This will be my first sump system and it will be in the basement with a fish area. Tank is on the first floor.

https://www.omegasea.net/
OP
Biggestfish

Biggestfish

View Badges
Reaction score
This plumbing was on the tank. One of the top holes inside the tank has a pipe on it just above the overflow water line also. Bean drain setup? The pipe is white so plan on painting it black,can’t find black pvc...as the back is black. I ordered black line lock for the 3 returns inside the tank. And blue pvc pipe ..grey fittings for outside plumbing.

45BEFE89-25FC-4DF5-91C9-B8A58BC99EB4.jpeg

Top Shelf Aquatics
Best reef aquarium LED lighting
OP
Biggestfish

Biggestfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Nice progress!
As much extra plumbing as I ordered... I’m still short 2 pieces...lol. Another BSR order should be here Wednesday and I’ll start plumbing. Also ordered a DYI screen top, Trigger 10 Gallon ATO reservoir and 2- 55 Gallon food grade barrels.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Are you taking preventative measures to keep nuisance algae at bay?

• Yes (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 237 43.9%
  • No

Votes: 81 15.0%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 215 39.8%
  • Other

Votes: 7 1.3%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors