24X24X12 30 gal lighting?

spscrackhead

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
350
Reaction score
137
Location
Nj
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
going to get a 30 cube 24 by 24 and 12 high. i want to do sps. i will be hanging this pendant style. low profile is a plus. i do not want heat to be an issue so id like to stay away from mh. i was thinking t5 or led maybe. what fixture would you guys recommend?
 
Last edited:
I have the same tank dims and using 1 ai sol. IMO, it is the best lightening i have used. I was looking at the ATI fixtures but the low enegry and long bead life of leds is nice. I have been getting great growth as well.
 
i have the same tank and will be using a 12" acan lighting LED 102A i believe..

what kind of sump are you running thats where i get stuck
 
I would go with 6 lamp good t-5 fixture for sps. 12 " is pretty shallow and will not require the best out there.
 
I don't think anything happened to the corals.. I think they just show up better under leds
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new