250 DD with fish room

steiger33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank. How long have you had the Orange Monti? It is looking amazing.

OP
OP
Matthias7

Matthias7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I just got these acros in from battle corals. Please excuse the cell phone pictures they do these corals no justice, they came in colorful and already have decent polyp extension. I can't say enough about the customer service. Can't wait to see these grow into colonies.

iReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow impressive.
How you are able to get such a great grow under 3 kessils with 4 t5s?

All that in that size tank?

OP
OP
Matthias7

Matthias7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the kessils in a row down the middle of the tank. 3 is great for the length but obviously not enough for the width. I had a close call with my prior 180 gallon tank (had a brace failure) The kessils were bought for that tank. I purchased the dd to replace that tank and didn't have the funds at the time to add more kessils. To my surprise when I added the t5's I got my polyp extension nearly doubled so I am going to stick with this lighting scheme for now.

OP
OP
Matthias7

Matthias7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody have any thoughts on humidity control in my small fish room. It's just about 100 sq feet. I have a window ac unit to cool the room but it's definitely humid in there. I still need to measure the %. I live in area where the relative humidity is low pretty much year round ~18-30%. Is the best solution just a simple bathroom exhaust fan or should I use a dehumidifier? The fan would exhaust into my garage which should not be an issue.

TaylorPilot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like your rock works. The pillars to the left hand side are nice.

OP
OP
Matthias7

Matthias7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like your rock works. The pillars to the left hand side are nice.
Thank you I appreciate it. I like the way they turned out as well. Punkani rock is really easy to work with locks into place really easy with some 2 part epoxy its really stable

OP
OP
Matthias7

Matthias7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to get a few nice shots today
image.jpg

Reverse superman monti
image.jpg

CITR red dragon (some pictures came out for dark for unknown reasons)
image.jpg
This is just a view down the length of the tank. One of my favorite places to stand

OP
OP
Matthias7

Matthias7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mangroves I planted in the fish room have started putting on leaves. Been a while since I have updated. Everything is going well minus an all swing due to a clogged dosing tube :(

goody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So curious as to what you did with your fish room (humidifier or exhaust fan). Do you have an updated full shot of your fish room?

bobyboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waiting for updates!

OP
OP
Matthias7

Matthias7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is going well. I had a minor setback about 1 month ago. I realized that my return pump was almost not functioning. I am unsure how long I wasn't moving enough water out of my sump. This was my perfect opportunity to move my sump to the filtration room. As I was changing the plumbing I had a few minor leaks from the bulkheads (easily fixed but made me really nervous ha!). I did this all in a rush because I believed that the return pump issue was causing my phosphate to jump up as I was not Turing over much water.
To make a long story short the water chemistry between my established tank and the flag tank + refugium (had been up and running independently for a few months) was off. I ended up losing a few of my acro colonies but I was able to save some. I am back on track now everything is back to normal but was a tuff month.

I am now considering running ozone to help purify my water. Anyone have any experience with that?

I'll post a few updated fish room and tank shots soon.

OP
OP
Matthias7

Matthias7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some I really need to post some updated pictures. My mangroves have really started to grow over the last months. My newest addition is a Neptune apex (new model) waiting on the fix then mine should be shipped

OP
OP
Matthias7

Matthias7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I am in a dilemma. My current t5 system is failing. My current light scheme is 3 kessil 360 we and 4 -54 watt t5's. The kessils are not enough for this tank unless I buy 2-3 more. I prefer to use 2 types of lighting vs all led. I have 2 options available to me at this point. A 6 bulb ATI or the new reef bright controllable halides. I will still run the kessils with whichever setup I choose. Either will be very similiar in cost to run and maintane. Does anyone have any opinions on the two options, I realize that either will work. I don't have a lot time to decide I only have 2 bulbs still firing on my current t5

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 72.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back