250G Tank Build

MontereyDNA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
High Plains of The Great American Prairie
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, the question to my fellow humans... do the colors of aluminum extrusion pieces across these three pics even remotely match? ...in regard to the color of the extrusions, not the connectors and wheel mount.

The first pic is the color of the aluminum extrusion as it should be, the next two pics are the color of extrusion I received. The company that I purchased from is trying to Jedi Mind Trick me into believing that all of the extrusion in all of these pics is THE SAME color!

It's not going to be hidden behind a stand cover but exposed...

Thanks in advance for helping me with my mental health!
extrusion.jpg
IMG_0204.jpeg
IMG_0234 2.jpeg

Last edited:

Av8tor2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think, even if there is a color variance, once it is together you'll never notice it. Even the black support add a good change and will break up the mono color of the supports.

OP
OP
MontereyDNA

MontereyDNA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First image I honestly can't tell the difference. Connectors and mounts I wouldn't worry about it as you'll rarely (if ever) see them, and it will be darker inside the cabinet.
Apologies - looking at the difference across the pics... The first pic is what it should be, the next two are what I received. I won't have a cabinet... leaving them exposed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MontereyDNA

MontereyDNA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think, even if there is a color variance, once it is together you'll never notice it. Even the black support add a good change and will break up the mono color of the supports.
Apologies. So the first pic is three aluminum extrusion pieces of the color it should be, the next two pics are of extrusion I received. Looking for input from others as to color match. So, last two pics color should match first pics color... and they obviously don't, right?

The company I ordered from is trying to Jedi mind trick me into believing that the color of the aluminum extrusion across all three pics is the same!

Last edited:

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apologies. So the first pic is three aluminum extrusion pieces of the color it should be, the next two pics are of extrusion I received. Looking for input from others as to color match. So, last two pics color should match first pics color... and they obviously don't, right?

The company I ordered from is trying to Jedi mind trick me into believing that the color of the aluminum extrusion across all three pics is the same!
The lighting is different in the two images, but the top is definitely "bluer". What color is it supposed to be? (black, carbon, titanium, etc.)

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 42 28.4%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 70 47.3%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back