25g IM Renovation : Making Room for Mangrove

MeMyFishandI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

So I am renovating my tank to accommodate a mangrove stalk that I bought on a whim about a year ago. I feel bad for the poor plant because it has been chewed on by cats and never given a proper spot to literally put down roots. My second objective is to downsize the amount of corals in the tank, they have overgrown the tank somewhat.

I have attached some "before/current" pictures. The team will be assisting me with this process; Blaise and Porcia.

The current set up is mixed reef with two orange skunk clowns, a yellow watchman goby, clean up crew and two anemones (I bought one, it decided it needed a friend). I have two Current USA led lights, Eheim 2213 filter, Hydor Koralis power head, and a Sicce Syncra pump. I just added an IceCap protein skimmer last week. I usedd to have the IM filter caddy, but it didn't accomplish much, when my fresh water tank was removed from service I decided to utilise it'f filter for this tank. I also used to have the IM skimmer but it died after a year of service. The pump that came with the pump was fine; I just wanted something a little more.

I have an AI Prime light to set up still and I want to set up a grow light for the mangrove.

Last night I got a bunch of rock off Facebook Marketplace for free. I picked the pieces I want and will give away the rest in exchange for a donation to the food bank. I am starting the bleaching process for the new rock either today or tomorrow.

Any tips welcome.

IMG_8249.jpg IMG_8246.jpg IMG_8248.jpg IMG_8247.jpg IMG_8245.jpg IMG_8448.jpg IMG_8447.jpg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good luck on the new adventure!!!

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

So I am renovating my tank to accommodate a mangrove stalk that I bought on a whim about a year ago. I feel bad for the poor plant because it has been chewed on by cats and never given a proper spot to literally put down roots. My second objective is to downsize the amount of corals in the tank, they have overgrown the tank somewhat.

I have attached some "before/current" pictures. The team will be assisting me with this process; Blaise and Porcia.

The current set up is mixed reef with two orange skunk clowns, a yellow watchman goby, clean up crew and two anemones (I bought one, it decided it needed a friend). I have two Current USA led lights, Eheim 2213 filter, Hydor Koralis power head, and a Sicce Syncra pump. I just added an IceCap protein skimmer last week. I usedd to have the IM filter caddy, but it didn't accomplish much, when my fresh water tank was removed from service I decided to utilise it'f filter for this tank. I also used to have the IM skimmer but it died after a year of service. The pump that came with the pump was fine; I just wanted something a little more.

I have an AI Prime light to set up still and I want to set up a grow light for the mangrove.

Last night I got a bunch of rock off Facebook Marketplace for free. I picked the pieces I want and will give away the rest in exchange for a donation to the food bank. I am starting the bleaching process for the new rock either today or tomorrow.

Any tips welcome.

IMG_8249.jpg IMG_8246.jpg IMG_8248.jpg IMG_8247.jpg IMG_8245.jpg IMG_8448.jpg IMG_8447.jpg
Best of luck with the tank! Also, I love the cats as well haha

OP
OP
MeMyFishandI

MeMyFishandI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This week's update....

Not much to report. Everything I did happened today. I got the rock soaking in bleach. I found a closed up clam in the water before I added bleach. I popped it in a container with salted water and it has slowly opened up. I still don't know if that means if it is alive. If it is alive, I have no idea what to do with this thing.

The wood for the light stands has been stained and has the first coat of varathane on it. I am hoping to have the lights up before the end of the week.

My temporary tank, where I am going to put corals that I am fragging for sale, is refusing to cycle. I have been feeding it daily.

Thanks for following along.

Attachments

• IMG_8465.jpg
    IMG_8465.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 26

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back