3/4 Gallon Mangrove/Reef tank

LivinLikeLarry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to share my newest reef experiment! Last week I bought a mangrove sapling from my LFS which sparked the idea to make a very small pico tank housing the mangrove and maybe some macroalgae and or zoas/palys. I ran down to homegoods and found a roughly 3/4gallon cookie jar and threw in some live sand and dry rock. Im usings an old Kessil A160 tuna blue who's blue light had burnt out. I designed and 3d printed a little mount for it to allow me to command strip it to my wall. Currently I am debating different ideas for a filter or flow. As of now Im thinking of running no filter and just allowing the macroalgaes to filter the water and as far as flow goes to just use an airstone. If anyone has any ideas for the filter/flow or any tips for mangrove please drop them down below!

IMG_4676.jpg IMG_4677.jpg IMG_4678.jpg IMG_4679.jpg IMG_4680.jpg
Ignore the cardboard sheild on the kessil, im working on a permanent solution to direct the light now!

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to share my newest reef experiment! Last week I bought a mangrove sapling from my LFS which sparked the idea to make a very small pico tank housing the mangrove and maybe some macroalgae and or zoas/palys. I ran down to homegoods and found a roughly 3/4gallon cookie jar and threw in some live sand and dry rock. Im usings an old Kessil A160 tuna blue who's blue light had burnt out. I designed and 3d printed a little mount for it to allow me to command strip it to my wall. Currently I am debating different ideas for a filter or flow. As of now Im thinking of running no filter and just allowing the macroalgaes to filter the water and as far as flow goes to just use an airstone. If anyone has any ideas for the filter/flow or any tips for mangrove please drop them down below!

IMG_4676.jpg IMG_4677.jpg IMG_4678.jpg IMG_4679.jpg IMG_4680.jpg
Ignore the cardboard sheild on the kessil, im working on a permanent solution to direct the light now!
Neat looking tank!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back