25G Stocking

Noah Hemingway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you think to this as a stock list for a 2 & 1/2 foot 25G Reef tank.

Pair of O Clowns
1 Chalk bass
1 YW goby
1 Cherub angel

Other options I like are fairy wrasse of some sort, Blue/Green chromis and Royal grammas.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMM, tanks a bit small at 25g for this fish, I would start at 60g.
As with many Angels, may nip at corals.

others fine, maybe add the gramma...

Last edited:

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a lagoon, cube, peninsula, tall, etc tank? It makes a difference in your stock choices :)

clowns are fine, bass is fine although they appear to do better in groups of 2 or 3. the YW goby is fine are you adding a shrimp with it? If so, you may want to consider a smaller shrimp than a tiger pistol as they can be quite destructive with their sand slinging habits in small tanks. The cherub would be fine in a peninsula but if it’s a different shape I wouldn’t do it. Maybe a geo hawk or a single chromis or a small wrasse instead?

OP
OP
Noah Hemingway

Noah Hemingway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a lagoon, cube, peninsula, tall, etc tank? It makes a difference in your stock choices :)

clowns are fine, bass is fine although they appear to do better in groups of 2 or 3. the YW goby is fine are you adding a shrimp with it? If so, you may want to consider a smaller shrimp than a tiger pistol as they can be quite destructive with their sand slinging habits in small tanks. The cherub would be fine in a peninsula but if it’s a different shape I wouldn’t do it. Maybe a geo hawk or a single chromis or a small wrasse instead?
Thanks! Yes it’s peninsula :)

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Chromises don't do well on their own.

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are perfectly fine as a single. They frequently end up that way anyway.
This is true, Ive seen many MANY "schools" of chromis whittle themselves down to only one or two over the course of just a couple months due to infighting. I feel that it is pointless and cruel to put more than 1 in a tank less than 75 gallons, as the potential for violence and fighting to the death is high. Black axil chromis however, are a real schooling/shoaling fish that may coexist peacefully but finding and correctly identifying this species is difficult. For your regular blue-green reef chromis, I suggest only one

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 62 36.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 58 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back