OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I released the 2 yellow tangs in the tank on Thursday. It did not go well! The black tang was relentlessly going after them. Thought it would be ok since he was now ignoring them in the acclimation box. Going after One more than the other. But all 3 have torn up fins and body slashes. Thought I was going to have to pull them out. Turned the lights off and closed the blackout curtains for 2 days. The fighting was not as bad yesterday. Still fighting this morning though. I am hoping for the best. I put up a few mirrors and added more nori clips. Black tang is too busy fighting to even see the mirrors. Maybe I need a bigger mirror. Fingers crossed it works out.

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are the tangs doing?
They are doing better. Not a constant fight but the black won’t let them out of that side of the tank. They try to come out and explore the tank but he chases back. After speaking with a tang expert I am getting two more tangs. A sailfin and the blue face koi tang. That should help also.

907_Reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe a transformer, bah! Do you run a generator down there for the house/tank? Neighbor here has a whole house genny, so nice. I run a portable one for the tank and fridge. When I'm out of gas I have enough extension cords to reach his house ;) lol..

Side note, still loving this Merlin app (thank you :grinning-face-with-big-eyes: ). Get this, sitting on the back porch last week, saw a red-breasted nut hatch on the feeder (one of our favs), been trying to get him on the app but they have not been very chatty. Pulled out the phone/app, that scared him off to a tree ~100 ft away. Since the app was out, I pulled up some recordings the app has, played it loud enough for the wife to hear across the deck, after about 10 seconds, the guy in the tree started calling back to the app! Switched to recording and picked him up!

Yes, you can call birds with the app, haha! 5 stars.

1000017774.jpg

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, unfortunately my husband doesn’t think we need one. I’ve trying for years to talk him into one. He thinks since we’ve lived in this house for 12 years now and maybe 3 power outages which lasted an hour or less that we don’t need one :confounded-face:

907_Reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is easy, only use one outlet for this 55g, start generator outside, run extension cord under doors, into house, unplug tank power strip from wall and plug into generator extension :cool:

Biggest thing will just be to calculate how much wattage all your equipment pulls, pretty sure I've seen some good resources in passing on here!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hopefully back on soon,I had a Honda believe was 5500 watts max draw ? cannot remember... :thinking-face:

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 12 15.6%
Back