280 g Peninsula build

tammieh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the start of my 280 g peninsula tank. 8'x30"x24" Wish I could go a bit wider but I'm limited by the window and door. I'm thinking FOWLR (some easy corals as well) with an eventual reef tank added on to the end. The tank will be visible from the living room, kitchen, and dining room.

I have water pipes in the attic to bring water over from the water making station and data cables to hook up any monitoring equipment directly. There's a 20kW generator for the house and the tank is on it's own panel - brand new wiring! I have a Shadow overflow box already and am slowly gathering what I need to set it up. Hopefully we'll be moved in my Nov / Dec and once we financially recover from this gut job we'll get started on the actual build. I'm just so happy I was able to get all the wiring and pipes in the house during the gut job.

0624171827b (1).jpg

0831171549 (1).jpg

Mike N

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! Looks like you are starting from a strong foundation with the water and power solutions.
Who is making the tank?

Labridaedicted

Wrassetastic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great start to the build! Is the reef on the end going to be plumbed as a separate system or shared volume with the larger 280 system?

OP
OP
tammieh

tammieh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great start to the build! Is the reef on the end going to be plumbed as a separate system or shared volume with the larger 280 system?

I am not too sure on that yet as it will come a long time after the original tank. I could see some benefit to a shared volume (more stability). Not too sure on any drawbacks.

OP
OP
tammieh

tammieh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update.... Finally got the grout done in the area where the tank is going! Only, I don't know, 3 months later. Probably not moving in till January now which sucks for the delay this build is causing. Maybe I should start dreaming up my stock list? :)

OP
OP
tammieh

tammieh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This house has been delayed like crazy! Finally getting paint done and granite in the kitchen. Move date moved back till March or April. :-(

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yay can't wait to see it come together!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%

Back