29 gallon tank stocking.

MalibuTheBetta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I’ve decided to try for a 29 gallon saltwater tank, as my dad owns all necessary supplies for the tank (besides live rock/corals), and it seems to be the minimum size to keep all my favorite fish. I have kept freshwater tanks successfully before this, mostly betta and tetra tanks. It’s a reef tank, and will be set up with RODI water. Here’s what I want.
-1 Percula Clown
-1 Firefish
-1 Royal Gramma
-1 Lawnmower Blenny

Anyways, according to him I may have the space for a few more fish, but I wanted to make sure. Here’s what else I like. Obviously I can’t have it all, so what from this list can I have?
- 1 Flame Hawk (he said this might bully everything else into a corner and kill them, so I’m wary. Also, it apparently eats cleanup crew.)
- 1 Madagascar Spotted Croucher Goby
- 1 Sharknose Goby
- 1 Aiptasia Eating Filefish
- 1 Yellow Watchman Goby (only without the flame hawk)

I also like peacock mantis shrimp and the snowflake moray eel, but those things obviously can’t be kept in this tank.

Orange spotted filefish is nice too, but I can’t find many resources on keeping. They seem easy according it the one resource I found, but it was only one.

Last edited:

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
List is fine except for the lawnmower blenny. I wouldn't recommend these as they have a very high mortality rate and there isn't enough algae in a 29-gallon to support them (they can be very finicky eaters).

OP
OP
M

MalibuTheBetta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang it. They were my second-favorite fish on the list. Alright, then. Is the hawk alright with other fish?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.2%
Back