29g bio cube lighting

reefpeeper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
has anybody here modified their lights like the ones the nanocustoms and stores like that sell? if you have done yourself how did it work out? if good can ya give me some pics or info how u did it? thanks

EliteReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
has anybody here modified their lights like the ones the nanocustoms and stores like that sell? if you have done yourself how did it work out? if good can ya give me some pics or info how u did it? thanks

i have done the 150 halide upgrade to the 29bio and the 70 halide to a 29 bio

both were very easy to do and worked perfectly. I will admit that once you get the first kits you realize how easy it would have been to make your own but other then that its great. i have no heat issues with either kits and was able to keep whatever i wanted. the price is a bit up there but if you dont have a way to make your own or if your not the best in the electrical dept it is the very best way to go.

cobraz

Zoo Hunter
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the mod to 4 PCs 144Watts from 2 PCs 72 Watts using the Nanotuners kit - takes about an hour.
Was worth every penny... my SPS and LPS are spreading nicely now.
They now have an LED Mod...would be sweet but big bucks.

subielover

Renegade reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it were my tank, I wouldn't be upgrading pc's that seems a little silly. Either retro fit a metal halide in the existing hood, or drop a sunpod on top and call it a day.

swampy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are also rolling out T5 upgrades and some new PC-R bulbs. My current PC's need to be replaced so I'm thinking about going with PC-Rs for one more year then then LEDs next year when the prices are better.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 31 29.2%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 19 17.9%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 26 24.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back