• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

2GC Corals

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

FL_Reefer27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I write this post in hopes to help prevent other hobbyist in this community to not get taken advantage of. 2GC Corals have heavily saturated and edited photos of their corals. I purchased a torch that will be pictured below in my tank, that arrived pale and bleached. Even when taken pics under all blue LEDs and heavy orange filter, I couldn’t replicate the original photo. I got excuses that the torch bleached in overnight shipping… then they claimed they sent the wrong torch. I made a Facebook post and dozens of people have come forward claiming identical issues with this company. They need to be held accountable for their unfortunate desire to only make money and not contribute to this hobby. Their communication was extremely poor and vulgar. I never want to expose a business, however, after the many people who came forward with the same complaints, I feel obligated to try and prevent others from suffering the same experience.

F0550205-3C20-4F7C-AE54-BF56A0037619.png EE3A60FC-54DC-405B-8C88-6D9F3C6FB342.png

Baby_Shark

King of shark week!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I write this post in hopes to help prevent other hobbyist in this community to not get taken advantage of. 2GC Corals have heavily saturated and edited photos of their corals. I purchased a torch that will be pictured below in my tank, that arrived pale and bleached. Even when taken pics under all blue LEDs and heavy orange filter, I couldn’t replicate the original photo. I got excuses that the torch bleached in overnight shipping… then they claimed they sent the wrong torch. I made a Facebook post and dozens of people have come forward claiming identical issues with this company. They need to be held accountable for their unfortunate desire to only make money and not contribute to this hobby. Their communication was extremely poor and vulgar. I never want to expose a business, however, after the many people who came forward with the same complaints, I feel obligated to try and prevent others from suffering the same experience.

F0550205-3C20-4F7C-AE54-BF56A0037619.png EE3A60FC-54DC-405B-8C88-6D9F3C6FB342.png
Tho you may be right but my experience has been quite similar but different. Ive order acros from them and altho they come pale and faded “id think due to stress” they usually always color back up within a month or something two.
Just note that everyone’s tanks are different and usually takes time for the coral to get use to your tank vs theirs. Prime example: they keep their acros at 500 to 600 par, my tank is around 400 par in most areas so the acros i got from them didnt grow at all until it settled and got use to my lighting and Alk levels.

now after 3 months later my acros dont look exactly like their photos but dam close and id buy them even if the photos looked like the corals look now. My guess is… if i give it a few more months it will look spot on or at least even closer.

like I said, you can still be right but give it a little time to color back up. Plus you may not be dosing the same stuff as them. I always ask the seller that they dose, water parameters, type of lighting, flow, after buying just so i know what to expect.

hope this helps, P.S i just bought another acro from them3 days ago lol

OP
OP
F

FL_Reefer27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tho you may be right but my experience has been quite similar but different. Ive order acros from them and altho they come pale and faded “id think due to stress” they usually always color back up within a month or something two.
Just note that everyone’s tanks are different and usually takes time for the coral to get use to your tank vs theirs. Prime example: they keep their acros at 500 to 600 par, my tank is around 400 par in most areas so the acros i got from them didnt grow at all until it settled and got use to my lighting and Alk levels.

now after 3 months later my acros dont look exactly like their photos but dam close and id buy them even if the photos looked like the corals look now. My guess is… if i give it a few more months it will look spot on or at least even closer.

like I said, you can still be right but give it a little time to color back up. Plus you may not be dosing the same stuff as them. I always ask the seller that they dose, water parameters, type of lighting, flow, after buying just so i know what to expect.

hope this helps, P.S i just bought another acro from them3 days ago lol
Yeah unfortunately for them im not paying top dollar to have to color up a torch. I have torches from TSA, Living reef, 1stclass, POTO etc. all came nearly identical to their pictures. If it was a $200 torch I wouldn’t mind. They literally admitted it was bleached, then claimed it was the wrong torch sent. I understand that corals will look different in each tank based off lights, PAR, parameters, flow etc. This isn’t my first torch. And the amount of other people that have had the same issues is quite unfortunate.

Baby_Shark

King of shark week!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah unfortunately for them im not paying top dollar to have to color up a torch. I have torches from TSA, Living reef, 1stclass, POTO etc. all came nearly identical to their pictures. If it was a $200 torch I wouldn’t mind. They literally admitted it was bleached, then claimed it was the wrong torch sent. I understand that corals will look different in each tank based off lights, PAR, parameters, flow etc. This isn’t my first torch. And the amount of other people that have had the same issues is quite unfortunate.
Are they trying to make it right after admitting it?

Will_WhatIsThis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a few gonis and they sent me an email saying that one of them was bleached so they couldn’t ship it. That was the one I really wanted so I asked for them to cancel my order and give me a refund. No big deal. But they haven’t responded to my emails asking for my order to be canceled/give me a refund and it’s been like 2 weeks. I’m starting to get worried.

OP
OP
F

FL_Reefer27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a few gonis and they sent me an email saying that one of them was bleached so they couldn’t ship it. That was the one I really wanted so I asked for them to cancel my order and give me a refund. No big deal. But they haven’t responded to my emails asking for my order to be canceled/give me a refund and it’s been like 2 weeks. I’m starting to get worried.
Yeah unfortunately you’re one of the dozens that are currently dealing with this. They’re running a circus now, can’t keep anything together. The one guy Jason just posts stuff and accepts money immediately but when an issues arises, they stop responding. They use very heavy filters/saturation to make the colors look great, but they’re quite dull in person. Try finding them on IG and keep writing them. It’s Ray and Jason.

PhilSD211

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, stay away from 2GC Corals! And I'm surprised you received a refund!

Just was dealing with Jason last night on my order placed 2+ weeks ago that immediately charged but still not shipped.

Attaching chat.. Sorry for the horrible quality. Not sure what's going with that.
Screenshot_2022-10-04-22-12-27-82.jpg

Basically, when I placed the order, shipping was free when I checked out. They charged my credit card w/in a day or two.

After few days, I emailed to find out why my order hasn't shipped. No response. I then went on his IG page to send him the initial message last Friday.

After the initial chat, I figured they are shipping this week. Come Tuesday night still no word on shipping, I messaged him to cancel the order. Dude is very unprofessional as you can see.

I called AMEX today, told them what happened and they are reversing the charges for me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

FL_Reefer27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
M
Agreed, stay away from 2GC Corals! And I'm surprised you received a refund!

Just was dealing with Jason last night on my order placed 2+ weeks ago that immediately charged but still not shipped.

Attaching chat.. Sorry for the horrible quality. Not sure what's going with that.
Screenshot_2022-10-04-22-12-27-82.jpg

Basically, when I placed the order, shipping was free when I checked out. They charged my credit card w/in a day or two.

After few days, I emailed to find out why my order hasn't shipped. No response. I then went on his IG page to send him the initial message last Friday.

After the initial chat, I figured they are shipping this week. Come Tuesday night still no word on shipping, I messaged him to cancel the order. Dude is very unprofessional as you can see.

I called AMEX today, told them what happened and they are reversing the charges for me.
Man I’m glad you were able to reverse the charge. People have been saying that they’re selling corals that they don’t even have yet, like it’s still with their importers.

ceaver

Stability is all!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, I came looking for posts of gripes with them because I have my own. Acros are totally faded, not colored at all. I don't know how they are taking their photos but it's all BS. Note that I have purchased probably 100+ acro frags at this point from the likes of cornbred, poto, tsa, wwc, Aj's, etc, etc and never had this issue. Actually the only time I've ever had to deal with DOA was these guys just a few weeks ago. They have stopped responding so I'll be contacting the credit card company tomorrow to reverse the charge. I'll never deal with these guys again. The frags look so unlike the website photos it's nearly impossible to even tell if you got the right order or if they mixed it up with someone else's. Truly pathetic.

OP
OP
F

FL_Reefer27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, I came looking for posts of gripes with them because I have my own. Acros are totally faded, not colored at all. I don't know how they are taking their photos but it's all BS. Note that I have purchased probably 100+ acro frags at this point from the likes of cornbred, poto, tsa, wwc, Aj's, etc, etc and never had this issue. Actually the only time I've ever had to deal with DOA was these guys just a few weeks ago. They have stopped responding so I'll be contacting the credit card company tomorrow to reverse the charge. I'll never deal with these guys again. The frags look so unlike the website photos it's nearly impossible to even tell if you got the right order or if they mixed it up with someone else's. Truly pathetic.
Yes, do the charge back immediately. They’ll give you the run-around otherwise or stop responding.

KIKe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you end up getting a refund from the dispute?
My bank gave me the temporary credits. And I believe with all the evidence I provided it should be fine. I just want one of their speciosa but they never pack it well, i ordered 4 acros all of them are dead.

OP
OP
F

FL_Reefer27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bank gave me the temporary credits. And I believe with all the evidence I provided it should be fine. I just want one of their speciosa but they never pack it well, i ordered 4 acros all of them are dead.
I think you’ll be good then. They’ve been having issues for a bit now. And the corals aren’t matching the pictures/videos they post.

KIKe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you’ll be good then. They’ve been having issues for a bit now. And the corals aren’t matching the pictures/videos they post.
they are switching owners, the new one opened already several weeks ago.

OP
OP
F

FL_Reefer27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they are switching owners, the new one opened already several weeks ago.
If it’s called “Black Label Corals”.. stay far away. It’s the guy Jason who made the whole mess. Corals don’t match at all. Corals arrive dead etc

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back