2nd tank, 10 years apart

Iowa_Reef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 16, 2023
Messages
6
Reaction score
32
Location
Anamosa
What state or country do you live in
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had a 55 g tank with no sump our first go with saltwater. The kids were young, and so were we. Then the 4x kids hit the teens. I was just to busy, so I shut down the tank.

About 10 years later, the kids are in their 20's, and we've moved into our 50's. After completing a new house build last February I needed a hobby...so here we are.

After searching FB Marketplace I bought a used 75 g tank and stand, a new 36 g Emerald sump, some LED lights used, and a UV Sterilizer.

After a quick cycle we are reefing. Slowly building the coral and fish population. And, thoroughly enjoying having a hobby again.

Water changes every weekend. Feedings every 2-3 nights. And a reef that can be enjoyed whenever time allows...there's always something to see.

I'll attach some pics. Hopefully you enjoy as much as we do.
Ricki

20230317_211729.jpg 20230413_185310.jpg 20230408_162622.jpg 20230408_162615.jpg
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new