2x6095, send in for repair?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of 6095's that aren't working. One will occasionally start when power is applied and the other won't start at all. Swapping power supplies doesn't seem to do anything. One power supply has a nice, bright light on the 24v connector and the other just flashes quickly about every second.

Is it worth sending these in or are they toast? Should I send them in, I assume you want everything from plug to impeller minus the magnetic mounts. Is that correct?

Thanks!

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are always worth repairing, a motor is less than half of a complete pumps cost. Are you sure the impellers are not just siezed in the pumps by calcium. Just a heads up, I am in Germany and get back on the 14th, my responses will be delayed until I am back in the office. My warehouse manager is working and you could send them in, just include a note with return address and phone number.
Tunze USA
2121 Cole Springs Rd
Buda TX 78610

Last edited:
OP
OP
Breadman03

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The impellers spin freely by hand. The bushings drop out with a gentle pat on my hand and are inserted with the black disc up against the impeller. The one that starts runs strong until it shuts down.

I hope you have time to enjoy Germany. :) Ye olde 6100 is keeping my tank flowing well enough.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.2%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 83 48.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 53 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back