3/4" Bulkhead for drain ? Holes were made to small by mistake..

SomeHappyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My plumbing is already 1" for the drain line and emergency line but I bought a new aquarium, custom made and I accidently told the guy I wanted 1 1/5" Holes for the drains.... Now I have to go with 3/4 bulkhead and then use a reducer to open back up to an inch... Unless someone knows where I can find 1" bulkhead that fit a 1 1/5" hole ....

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny guy, overflow box only.
You didn't say that in your original post.

So you need to enlarge the holes on the 3d printed overflow box? Wet or dry side of tank?

I'm a brave guy when it comes to aquaria stuff but a 3d printed overflow box is a bit gonzo (for me).

Got pics of what you need?

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news its 3D printed, how would you enlarge a plastic hole?
This is concerning to me. As I'm a designer of many 3d printed parts and would be very concerned with using a 3d printed part to hold water.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is concerning to me. As I'm a designer of many 3d printed parts and would be very concerned with using a 3d printed part to hold water.
I also do alot of 3d printing and knkw without 100% infill the material will have some flex so may have issues with sealing around the holes. Also must use PETG for best results or pla at very least which may not last very long. I’d be worried after a year or 2 of saltwater in it and deterioration

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My plumbing is already 1" for the drain line and emergency line but I bought a new aquarium, custom made and I accidently told the guy I wanted 1 1/5" Holes for the drains.... Now I have to go with 3/4 bulkhead and then use a reducer to open back up to an inch... Unless someone knows where I can find 1" bulkhead that fit a 1 1/5" hole ....
Home depot and for sure BRS

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sooooo!!! The 3-D coffee cup I have on order from Etsy is gonna be a issue ??? :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw these 3d printed overflow boxes too when I was trying to get a box made. I would pass. There is no way I would trust that to hold over long term use... Id recommend modular marine if you need something custom made that is still reasonable.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 140 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back