Bean animal overflow open bulkhead

trevorpaulz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Due to my overflow being too small for a proper bean animal i have to customize it. Due you suggest doing an open bulkhead for main and standard curved pupe for open channel or reducing the 1.5 inch bulk heads down to 1 inch to be able to fit proper bean animal style? Also what are the risks of having an open bulkhead for main besides snails? Main will be plumbed into red reef matt 1200 so snails shouldnt be an issue.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Due to my overflow being too small for a proper bean animal i have to customize it. Due you suggest doing an open bulkhead for main and standard curved pupe for open channel or reducing the 1.5 inch bulk heads down to 1 inch to be able to fit proper bean animal style? Also what are the risks of having an open bulkhead for main besides snails? Main will be plumbed into red reef matt 1200 so snails shouldnt be an issue.
If you don't have room for a 3 drain system, why not go with a 2 drain Herbie system?

REEFRIED!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bean animal with one open bulkhead, and two straight pipes. You do not need curved or U snapped pipes at all.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bean animal with an open bulkhead (now with a guard for future wrasse protection) and 2 elbows, one cut like a weir. bulkheads are out the back for me. I assume with your question that you drain through the bottom?

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picture would help. How big is the tank?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 72 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back