3.4 gal Pico Cube Build #waywardpico

waywardreefer

Discipline Equals Freedom
View Badges
Joined
Aug 10, 2019
Messages
297
Reaction score
871
Location
Riverview, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I decided to do a small side project from my 20 gallon dropoff build here and do a small pico tank. I picked up this Aqueon Edgelit 3. It's a 9.25" cube and comes out to just over 3.4 gallons.

Once I got home I painted the backside w/several coats of satin black paint, got in the substrate, some pre-mixed salt water, and an old Fluval HOB filter I had laying around.

I plan on using some of the @Aquarocks products as well as an Aquaknight v2 I picked up from Reefbreeders. I have some addtional media marinating in the drop off ready to add to this fella in order to speed things up. I'll post some updates as things progress and gear arrives.

MVIMG_20200912_110624~2.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new