3/4" vs 1/2" bulkhead on a 20G?

pacificdiver

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 23, 2017
Messages
43
Reaction score
10
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm putting together a 20G Innovative Marine Nuvo reef, and I'm trying to decide between 1/2" and 3/4" bulkheads for the return flow. I plan on having 2 returns into the tank. Is there a "standard" size for a tank this small? Thanks in advance.
 
Ok, thanks. I think I'm going to give it a go with the 3/4" fittings, since I already have them from another build that I tore down recently. I"m probably going to be using a DC pump (eFlux Loop), so I can integrate into a battery backup system. Thanks for the input.
 
Yeah, I'm going to keep the 3/4" for something else, and do 1/2 fittings for the 20G. Thanks for the input. Sounds like 1/2 is the way to go for a tank this small.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new