3.5 Year Old Water in Wound

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I know with this being my first post this may come across as a troll and am unsure where this post should go. I do not recall my old pw nor the password to the email assigned to the account (xmetalfan99). Anyway, I decided that I wanted to start up a tank and was going through my old equipment to see what I needed and came across a 5g bucket with, what was once, live rock and maybe 8 inches of water. The lid was almost completely shut, but an old powerhead cord was hanging out of it. I did my best to dump the water out before removing the somewhat wet rock, but afterwards found a small wound on my finger, more of a prick. The water did not smell and it was clear. I'm not 100% sure if this 3.5 year old water did get into the wound, but should I be concerned? Anything I should look for? I washed my hands 3 times after handling the rock.

Thank you.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should probably contact a medical professional ASAP.

There's absolutely no way for us to know what's in that water, or whether it's safe.

~Bruce

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't know what is in that water. Chances are you are just fine no big deal -- but sometimes peace of mind is better. So hop over to urgent care, have them clean out the wound and feel better knowing that you will still be able to type 100 words per minute next year.

Rcpilot

Addicted to LPS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course, you have to decide what's best for your body and your wallet --- I'm no doctor and this isn't medical advice.

If it were my finger, I'd just watch it for a week. If it turns red and gets hot - that's a good indicator of an infection.

If money is tight, you might want to watch prepper videos on youtube for info on home treatment of infections. I've treated and cured more than 1 respiratory infection by myself. I probably shouldn't post anymore about that in public. PM me if you think it's infected, and you want more help.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back