Clownfish died but how?

Ghostyboythedog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
One of my clownfish just died, and I'm just wondering how he died, the water was perfectly fine. There's two of them. And did they mate and they kill the father or something I don't know. I checked for bites and wounds and there were no damage done to him, still colorful. We tested the water after he died and the levels are fine even after he died. He felt like a brick when he died though any idea what could have caused it?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
One of my clownfish just died, and I'm just wondering how he died, the water was perfectly fine. There's two of them. And did they mate and they kill the father or something I don't know. I checked for bites and wounds and there were no damage done to him, still colorful. We tested the water after he died and the levels are fine even after he died. He felt like a brick when he died though any idea what could have caused it?
Very hard to diagnose issues post mortem. The concern now is that if illness, your other fish could be affected also and may need help.

Were these fish quarantined? Any recent additions? Were both fish eating? Any white light pics and vids of current fish?

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your water was “perfectly fine” and no body damage, that leaves disease. It doesn’t always show itself.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back