3 Foot Office Nano

enzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never mind I just reread the beginning of the post.

OP
OP
eschulist

eschulist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never mind I just reread the beginning of the post.

No worries. The light fixture isn't common at all so I get a lot of questions about it. I bought it directly from the factory and had to do a lot of skype chats with a crude interpreter to get my order placed for the size and configuration of LEDs I wanted. Overall I'm really happy with it except for 1-2 things. The support legs are large and unsightly. The cord coming out the top bugs me rather than going smoothly out the side. The hanging connectors also aren't countersunk or even stainless steel. Its also very wide with only a small section of the middle having LEDs, the rest is just a very heavy heatsink. I'm in talks with Dave Fason to get a 36" Nanobox fixture to really make this look sexy.

The water movement is all sump driven by the Eheim 1260. This is another thing I want to upgrade soon. The power and reliability that this pump has is awesome, but I'd like some DC power with calibration settings so I just have more control and have the ability to put it into feed mode without constantly losing a ton of water to backsiphoning and needing to close valves all the time.

OP
OP
eschulist

eschulist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a beautiful little tank! I love the venustus as well

Thank you!

It is by far my favorite fish. I've wanted one for a long time and eventually got to see one during the LiveAquaria open house tour. It was in Kevin's personal tank in his office swimming amonst the Bandits, Tamarin Wrasses, and Gem Tangs. It was maybe a little forward of me but I asked if he would sell it. He said if he could catch it he would. A month or two later went by and he got in touch with me that the fish was ready to go. Special ordered it right there and a few days later it was in my tank.

It was even on the cover of their magazine that month
Wo1hGmc.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
eschulist

eschulist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing! What camera do you use?

Canon T2i with a 10-22mm lens was used in the video, as well as the cubicle photo. I usually use a Sigma 35mm for most of my photos. I'd like to eventually upgrade to a full frame camera, maybe one of the new Sonys that also shoot 4K video :D

mtswaneya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reef2Reef

I've been lurking here for a long time but never posted a build thread. I've done so on my local forum and on nano-reef. I figured people that might not visit either of those places might like to see what I've been doing too.

The build started in the spring of 2012.

The tank is a Mr Aqua 12 gallon. 36" long x 8 wide x 9 high. It is drilled 2 times on both sides. Two 1" drains with flat screens, and two 1/2" returns going straight into the tank. This provides all of my flow. I run a small 10 gallon sump with a filter sock and 75 watt neotherm heater. My main media filtration is a tiny amount of biopellets in a BRS Dual reactor. In chamber two is Rox carbon. It used to be both carbon and gfo mixed but I was over stripping nutrients by doing both the pellets and gfo. The main return pump is an Eheim 1260 that wyes to both returns.

The light was upgraded last year. For the first 2 years I used a Chinese no brand name 50 blue : 50 white on/off style LED fixture. It was really crude but worked. I had separate timers for each channel. To control how much total blue/white I was getting I covered some of the white LEDs to be a bit more blue when both were on at once. In the summer of 2014 (same year we moved office buildings) I upgraded to a different Chinese fixture called the AquaPro made by AquaSanrise. Its 36" long and has built in ramping and dimming of 4 different channels.

Old Cubicle Shot
Xcm3mxj.jpg

Fairly recent cubicle shot
gaKdwxd.jpg

FTS Archive

POwbL.jpg

zUm2C.jpg

2h1tV.jpg

IesRm.jpg

bjgm8.jpg

Fpn4NAd.jpg

hy5WcIR.jpg